"Goliath" Mini Tank - Jeep2003 MT2W 2014

Wuz this red button do ? :laugh:

Got the front end pretty much done . now im working on the framing for the back and sides. Trying to figure out how i want to do the hood and make it all work together. Also the second track is like half done. iv got nearly all the pieces made for it just been slowly putting it together. im pretty sick of drilling holes :eek:ut: this thing better work :laugh:

thanks :thumbsup: to dead lift it is heavy but it scoots around pretty easy with metal on concrete. and the front and back can be lifted not too difficult because the suspention pivots are more twords the center. I think that should help with the steering too. iv been trying not to overbuild it with heavier than nessesary pieces so I think it shouldnt be too crazy heavy. but as you know it all adds up.

When are you going to start on the recovery vehicle build in case you get stuck?:wink:
It's a got winch and 12 horse briggs, it won't get stuck.. :laugh: If it's anything like the winch on my Simplicity thats one powerful bastard.. Pull the JEEP out of the mud.. And that aint NO shit..:mellow:

It's a got winch and 12 horse briggs, it won't get stuck.. :laugh: If it's anything like the winch on my Simplicity thats one powerful bastard.. Pull the JEEP out of the mud.. And that aint NO shit..:mellow:
i thought i might power it with a belt like you did but i figured that would just cause trouble. then id have to put a cable on it and beef up the mount. i doubt ill use it much anyway. I do have an electric clutch that would work nice. but harbor freight has a nice small 2500lb electric winch for like $60. but then ill probrobly have trouble with a weak battery. I think keeping it simple is the way to go for now

WHYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy??? :freakout: What is it's purpose?? :shrug:
there's a lot of interesting stuff about them on the web. I imagine them to be equivalent to the drones of our current military. They used these in the past to deliver explosives to the enemy lines using tethered remotes. The concept does sound crazy and probably why the idea was scraped.

I think Jeep's idea of its use is just as cool and can't wait to see how this goes. If anything, maybe he can put the mower blades back on and cut his grass, lol.

yea if i build another tank its definalty going to be smaller :laugh: like my mini jeep and ill sit on top or get towed around in a trailer :shrug: Anyway my use for the goliath will be mostly just yard work towing around a trailer and for playing in the snow and stuff. i think itll be really fun in deep snow thats why i built it with 10" of ground clearance :thumbsup: