Got the tank mounted on my rupp cub

DaveL12

I mounted my tank it took a little bit of customizing of the brackets/clamps whatever they're called in this case lol I thought I figured out a pretty clean way that works for my bike and figured I'd share some pics
Seems to be the best way I could have done it considering the amount of space I had and not wanting to use a fuel pump, I only needed to use about an inch of fuel line from the petcock to the fuel filter and from the fuel filter I trimmed an inch off the smaller black fuel line that came stock on the predator. I know this is a small tank for this engine but I won't be taking the bike on long rides so it is Adequate for me. Hopefully it doesn't leak lol

markus

I like it :thumbsup: I made a tracing of the seat bottom and profile before I sold my cub recently, might require you making a new seatbottom though, but I can maybe scan it or trace it onto something and mail it if you decide to go that route.

DaveL12

Markus judging by your picture I think the wood I found under the terrible upholstery when I got this bike was original...
maybe I'm wrong?
OND I was planning on wrapping it when I got the money for some, just for the cosmetic appeal. I'm glad you think It will work!

markus

Markus judging by your picture I think the wood I found under the terrible upholstery when I got this bike was original...
maybe I'm wrong?
OND I was planning on wrapping it when I got the money for some, just for the cosmetic appeal. I'm glad you think It will work!
sure looks like it :thumbsup: that curved seat was probably my favorite part of that bike!

DaveL12

I wouldn't be able to do the upholstery job any justice with those curves so I figured I'd stick to something with corners haha can't believe you sold yours! She was a beaut

DaveL12

I'd like to thank Randy (Harleys Papa) for hooking me up with the header wrap he graciously offered and mailed to me. I received it in the mail today and was able to wrap my header
I think it turned out great! Again thank you Randy for the favor, now I can cross "Wrap header" off the to do list