Hangarbrat's - reverse trike - (Anything Goes)

Gonna give this a try,my first build off. Going for a reverse trike style mini. Gonna bend up my own frame. Got a few parts going to have to order some more things to get going on it. I must say some real talent out there I've been watching for a while now gonna get my feet wet and see what happens. image.jpeg

I've thought about doing something like this but never had the chance. It's definitely going to be interesting and will most definitely look better then the Can-Am Spyder in my opinion.

Thanks for checking in guys. Bent my main frame tubes today changed my mind on the motor. I didn't like the way the torque converter set on the motor so I'm going to use a Briggs flat head. I will get some pics up of the frame when I get a chance.

Got more frame done today and set it up so you guys can get the idea. Changed my mind on the motor again gonna use a 5hp Honda I think could change again. image.jpeg

I like it. And all hand built is cool too.

Just a little food for thought. And speaking from a little experience. I think as a end result you would be much happier with the front axle ahead of the steering controls. I know you are still in mock up but I just wanted to share my experience with axle placement in a similar scenario. I have been riding 3 and 4 wheeled ATV's & ATC's for years. Then I built my barstool...... The steering is directly in line with the front wheels, very similar to your front axle placement. It is not a confidence inducing feeling. The 4 wheelers feel right with the wheels out ahead of the steering controls and you. The Barstool was an eye opener as far as stability and feeling "right". I would compare it to feeling like you are steering a unicycle.

Barstool just for reference.

You can see what I mean by the controls being over the axle centerline. Best of luck.

One thing is for sure, it is the most unique!

Doug

The axle will be in front of the handlebars some not at all like your barstool cart. It's hard to tell in the pics and it is just kind of sitting there so you can get an idea what it will look like. Thanks for looking and keep the comments coming I love the ideas that's why I'm doing this.