Hangarbrat's - reverse trike - (Anything Goes)

It also has been bent about 3 degrees.
You planned ahead I see.... I would still truss it. Solid will bend easier than hollow.... Hollow has more physical surface area. Speaking from experience with a yard kart I built for a nephew years ago. The spindle brackets were the first thing to flex inward at the top. Brace them down to the axle with a piece of tubing cut to fit about 3 inches out and they will stay put. Just simple triangulation. I would do the top and the bottom. That's what it took to keep the yard kart lined up.

Its looking good by the way! :thumbsup:

Doug

Last edited:
The front axle is a pipe with a rod inside of it. I have done this on other things and holds great. I put a little (pre bend) in the axle after I put the rod inside then welded the spindles on. This works great and I have never had one bend yet , but I don't jump them either. It's hard to get good steering geometry when you buy pre are hubs, however I have used this setup before and it works pretty good, not great as a proper geometry would be but it is just a toy not going to mass produce. Thanks for the input.

I've seen all that steering geometry before I like living on the edge.
I now see that you bought premade spindles, you get what you get with that. If you are going to keep the speed down it really isnt a big issue. That faster you go the closer you get to the edge. I'll be interested how it handles.

That thing looks like a blast! I can see somebody leaning forward over the handle bars around a corner to get the rear wheel to kick out on gravel. I know I would.:biggrin:

I used to sell powered parachutes and even built a single seat one for myself. I have some fixed wing time but cost is always a factor in getting much flying time. Have always loved aviation sense I was a kid. My Dad was a helicopter mechanic and flew them also. Got to go to all the fairgrounds and watch him fly everyone when I was a kid.