Hangarbrat's - reverse trike - (Anything Goes)

I'm to cheap to use a heater. Someday I'll have one. I'm used to working in the cold. Got a rear rim and some bearings coming think I'm going to make some handlebars like Paul Jr. did on his 2012 build off bike with the steering wheel cut down and then some bike bars out on the ends. It looks cool. I've got a go kart steering wheel I'm gonna try doing that to. Also thinking about a kick start.

So I got my frame all welded together today. Motor mount plate is in. Need to get some tie rods and make a steering joint for the bars. Also need to get at my rear wheel hubs for sprocket and brake. Here are some more pics. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I just looked at my pics sorry there cloudy had a string hanging in front of the lens that I didn't see. Bars are pretty cool aren't they. I decided to go with my original plan and use the preditor engine. Thanks for looking guys hope you like it.

Finally got some more done on the trike. Engine mount, tie rods steering shaft cut to length. Need to drill holes for the engine and mount then on to the back rim and sprocket mounts. Here are some pics. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Cool. I like strange death machines, have made a few over the years. I do highly recommend you look up caster/camber and especially king pin inclination and Ackerman angles (the later two appear to be way off in your pictures). I think your steering is going to be very twitchy and you will have tire scrub when turning with your current set up.

Cool. I like strange death machines, have made a few over the years. I do highly recommend you look up caster/camber and especially king pin inclination and Ackerman angles (the later two appear to be way off in your pictures). I think your steering is going to be very twitchy and you will have tire scrub when turning with your current set up.
Hes already got castor in it and camber is not relevant to a solid axle as it is built in from the start. BUT the Ackerman factor is pretty tuff to do with the steering arms forward AKA front steer. It will tend to drag one tire instead of fully turn that tire. The 2tires will not turn on the needed radius of the corner when you are turning. If it was rear steer it would be easy to achieve the correct Ackerman factor and would steer a lot easier.

And Caster is the numerical reading of the degree of Kingpin inclination. One and the same.

But it is a toy and as such it is a do as you choose scenario. My Barstool had the correct Caster and Ackerman in it and it was way to twitchy.

I hope it works and he can enjoy riding it. I would love to see it in person and even ride it.

The one thing I would suggest though. In all seriousness you might want to add a truss to the bottom of that front axle as I think it will bend with riding time. I personally would even put a few degrees of preload in it when I added the truss.

Doug

Last edited: