header for 212 going on a murray track2

CarPlayLB

Thats what i had to do. Not having a welder, just shear desire, i used some bent tuning and a flange. Cut all the pieces and put them togetherwith hose clamps. Marked each joint with a sharpie then took it to my welder. It can be done! Prob with Murrays is the shock is in the way and most pipes go out the back, right in the middle good luck

I ended up just putting mine on the outside. I used the stock exhaust flange (cut it off), 3/4" EMT conduit elbow (I used muriatic acid to remove the zinc. VERY DANGEROUS!), and a 3/4" SST coupling from amazon for the exhaust mount. aDn2A4q.jpg

Looking at Harleys Papas header I forgot that I had to angle mine down slightly to accommodate my body weight compressing the shock slightly.

After I mounted it I rode a little and smelled melting plastic under the seat. I went back to the house made a pie cut the header and re-welded it and it cleared then. No problems then.

Last edited:

cxbra

Im in the same spot with my El Tigre.. I really want it to wrap around the frame rail (with 2-3 inches around the rails for so I can move the engine without removing the exhaust) then tuck in under the seat and exit in the middle of both shocks.. Im not in a big rush because I dont need any extra horsepower until I get a lower gear ratio (higher top speed, less wheelies) haha.