Help!!! Clone side cove gasket problems

joekd

Ok here is the motor I need a side cover gasket for

First I ordered this one from BMI which says it was for the clone and no more detail

That one does not fit, everything fits correctly except the bolt hole in the bottom right corner

I then ordered one for a GX200, it was different but still the same bolt hole didnt line up

Can anyone tell me a gasket that will work for this motor or should I just make my own?

I was going to make a new hole in one of these gaskets but the placement is so close to the edge that it will just end up tearing the gasket

joekd

Problem with that sticky is I could not that part # 10348 on any site (including OldMiniBikes) to order

I also did a search here for clone gasket and found an older thread mentioning the exact same problem and he was told to use the GX200 gasket which I did and like I said, no good

the above link is the gasket you want. make sure whoever you decide to order 1 from, order an extra. shipping will all be the same.

make sure the gasket you order fits the 5 bolt valve cover post 2009 harbor freight greyhound clone motor. the pre 2009 clone motors are exact clones of honda gx200's and can use a honda side cover gasket. your motor cannot use a honda side cover gasket.

joekd

So far I have only found like 2-3 places with the correct gasket, the cheapest shipping I have found on any of those is ~$9 charged by AGK as linked above

Decided to just go with my original thoughts and am making my own gasket

Ok here is the motor I need a side cover gasket for

First I ordered this one from BMI which says it was for the clone and no more detail

That one does not fit, everything fits correctly except the bolt hole in the bottom right corner

I then ordered one for a GX200, it was different but still the same bolt hole didnt line up

Can anyone tell me a gasket that will work for this motor or should I just make my own?

I was going to make a new hole in one of these gaskets but the placement is so close to the edge that it will just end up tearing the gasket
Just wanted to say that I ordered 5 of these gaskets from 5 different places..All of them were to BIG!!I want ot thank you guys for helping us find the correct gasket..h00ty1...PS just test drove the rebuilt 6.5 hp engine on my minibike, got it up to 56 mph.!!!! insane

Daniel Coop

I'm not that stupid, but I just had a hell of a time locating one for mine, and in my research through a Google search, came across this thread that nobody ever had an answer for. It was relevant information to me, so I responded to the old thread in case someone else stumbled upon it in their same search.

Last edited:
I'm not that stupid, but I just had a hell of a time locating one for mine, and in my research through a Google search, came across this thread that nobody ever had an answer for. It was relevant information to me, so I responded to the old thread in case someone else stumbled upon it in their same search.
Like me :) I just stumbled on this thread. I was researching Greyhound Clones and found this thread. It is valuable info.
Thanks !

Danford1