Help Removing Torque Converter

I can't for the life of me get this friggin' torque converter bolt off:

I've got the engine off and, with a ratchet holding the flywheel bolt in place, try to turn the torque converter bolt.... but it absolutely will not budge, despite repeated WD-40 treatments. I've even tried hammering on this bolt with a wrench attached, but it only seems to damage the socket (and flywheel bolt) that I'm holding on the opposite side.

Can anyone give me a pointer or two on how to get this damn clutch driver off? :confused:

Latent

Take your sparkplug out put about 2-3 feet of thin rope into the
spark plug hole turn the engine over until it compresses the rope above the piston which will lock the flywheel and clutch driver from moving. It'll allow you to get a better grip on the bolt and take it right off. :thumbsup:

Also, a bunch of penetrating oil let soak overnight and maybe an impact wrench (if available) might work.

Key here is patience or you will damage something beyond repair!

banjo

First try putting a few inches of rope into the spark plug hole to stop the piston and in turn hold crank from turning..... Then use a 6 point wrench and do the hammer trick ... I pull the end of the wrench and hit the wrench w/hammer about 4" up from the bolt (not too far up the wrench or you will start to loose the impact effect IN the wrench.. hope this helps. If not then well go to plan B or C. Dave

buckeye

Don't ask me about tav's. My truck was almost used my first experience. :laugh:

But, the fore mentioned suggestions should do it.

joshua. c.

have u tried heating it yet? use a torch and heat up the bolt. then let i cool. the heat will break the bond most of the time. and if that dosn't work do the rope trick and use a breaker bar, wich is a 16 or more inch long non ratchet socket rench. i dont have a pick of one unfortunately. iv used mine to get lug nuts off my truck after a tire shop overtightend them. be warned, go slow. to mutch torque coold snap the bolt right off.

Thanks joshua. c.! I was thinking about applying some heat, but most people seem to do just fine with PB Blaster. I don't have a torch, but I do have a heat gun:devil2: