Hf 6.5 gx200 shaft bolt ?

Ive looked everywhere for a 5/16"-24 bolt to keep the clufch on. But i cant find the place with it. Dors anyone know where to buy it? Thanks

I know this thread is old, but no reason to start a new one for a simple question. Does it matter what grade the bolt is? Lowes has one but it just says stainless steel. They don't have one in the yellow zinc which is what I found to be their grade 8 bolts.

thanks

Stainless is OK but sometimes they tend to sieze in and can be a real bear to remove.

Better to shop around for a good hardware store of industrial suplier ( Hardware store for buisnesses that suply serious tools and parts )

RobK

You need a hardened bolt. Grade 8 would be best, but you could get by with grade 5 which should be available at Home Depot or Lowes or a good local hardware store. Northern Tool is also a good source. Stainless is somewhat comparable in strenght to a grade 5, but really isn't necessary.

okay, and is this aa 5/16" bolt or 8mm on the Jiangdong specifically?

Thanks
Anyone know?
I need to get that bolt :p

EDIT: I finally found on the specs for a BLue max engine, 5/16-24. That's correct, right? It's getting old needing parts every day, wanna do it right the first time now :p

Last edited:
I didn't know if the Jiangdong was the same because the bolt from the clutch said 8.8 on it which means it's a class 8.8 bolt... but that's metric. So I'm confused, but I'll get the 5/16.