Home Depot Lifan

Hello:

Just registered today.

Working on 2 Baja Warriors that I bought disassembled in boxes.

I ordered a Lifan electric start (LF168F-2BDQ) 5.6 from the Home Depot.

So far so good. Started up and I changed the exhaust and air cleaner. Jackshaft set up and likage were easy as well.

Question for the experts out there: My Lifan has the 5 bolt valve cover. Will any of the clone or genuine Honda parts, besides the cover and gasket, fit the Lifan? If I wanted to evetually go with the smaller 14cc head would it bolt on?

Thanks in advance.

$229 shipped to front door in 3 days. Free shipping. Looked at a bunch of options with the electric start and just picked HD. Probably could have been a little cheaper but HD has always been good to me so I gave them the business. So far so good. For warranty you need to bring it to a Lifan shop but I really wonder how many people do that.

Hoses

Hello:

Just registered today.

Working on 2 Baja Warriors that I bought disassembled in boxes.

I ordered a Lifan electric start (LF168F-2BDQ) 5.6 from the Home Depot.

So far so good. Started up and I changed the exhaust and air cleaner. Jackshaft set up and likage were easy as well.

Question for the experts out there: My Lifan has the 5 bolt valve cover. Will any of the clone or genuine Honda parts, besides the cover and gasket, fit the Lifan? If I wanted to evetually go with the smaller 14cc head would it bolt on?

Thanks in advance.
Hey Bunkster,

I bought the same engine to go on my MB200. I bought the bike used and the previous owner had replace the engine with a Predator 212. I moved the Predator to a go kart and am installing the Lifan (actually the Carroll Stream branded version, CS168ES) on the MB200. I quickly realized I would need to replace the exhaust and intake just to get it to fit. It sounds like you did the same thing, so my question is what did you do with the two hoses from the stock intake? There is one which goes into the valve cover and a second which goes to the top of the fuel tank.

Thanks for any advice you or anyone else can provide!

CarPlayLB

Hey Bunkster,

I bought the same engine to go on my MB200. I bought the bike used and the previous owner had replace the engine with a Predator 212. I moved the Predator to a go kart and am installing the Lifan (actually the Carroll Stream branded version, CS168ES) on the MB200. I quickly realized I would need to replace the exhaust and intake just to get it to fit. It sounds like you did the same thing, so my question is what did you do with the two hoses from the stock intake? There is one which goes into the valve cover and a second which goes to the top of the fuel tank.

Thanks for any advice you or anyone else can provide!
both of lines are vents. It is important to run the valve cover vent to a filtered source...either air cleaner or a separate filter. That line will pulse in and out and can suck in dirt. The other line is the tank vent and can go to the new filter or share one with the other line!

both of lines are vents. It is important to run the valve cover vent to a filtered source...either air cleaner or a separate filter. That line will pulse in and out and can suck in dirt. The other line is the tank vent and can go to the new filter or share one with the other line!
Thanks for the reply! I have one more question if you don't mind. Which exhaust did you get? I've looked at a few which are designed to route under a mini bike seat but it looks like there is no way any of them could fit under the seat and over the rear fender. I think my best option is one that goes out to the left with about 3" of clearance, but most pipes only list vertical clearance and not horizontal. I have the stock Lifan muffler on it right now with the heat shield removed. It works but probably isn't doing justice to upgraded intake and carb jet.

I also replaced the clutch with a torque converter. I'm pretty happy with that. It took a little work with an angle grinder to fit it, but the bike feels faster and definitely has more low-end torque. I can post details if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for the help.

I ran the valve cover vent to a small UNI breather vent air filter. I plan to do the same with the fuel tank. The stock exhaust on mine barely fits but I did manage to squeeze it in. In the future Ill order an aftermarket exhaust. I'm still in the middle of my build. I added a knock off convertor. The convertor needed a lot of modifications before it worked. It needed all the modifications that can be viewed on You Tube.

I ran the valve cover vent to a small UNI breather vent air filter. I plan to do the same with the fuel tank. The stock exhaust on mine barely fits but I did manage to squeeze it in. In the future Ill order an aftermarket exhaust. I'm still in the middle of my build. I added a knock off convertor. The convertor needed a lot of modifications before it worked. It needed all the modifications that can be viewed on You Tube.
I just received what is probably the same UNI breather. I have the same issue was the stock exhaust. It fits but I want to take advantage of the intake by adding an aftermarket exhaust. I ordered one which just came in. It same with a pipe and a screw-on muffler. The pipe will fit (barely) but the muffler will not. I am frustrated because the retailer told me people put these on MB200s. If they do it must be without the muffler. I will let you know if I find one that actually fits.