Honda GC160

I have a honda gc160, i don't know if it has oil shut off switch if so where? But the motor does have oil in it but i heard they can be really sensitive. The engine will start and run fine with choke on then once warm whether choke is on or off the engine will start to run rich and spit black gas smoke out the exhaust. If you put the throttle down just a tad bit it'll run for a while longer but it eventually dies and will start right back up then die. I rebuild the carb and checked the fuel pump and they checked out. Any ideas would be great thank you.

im getting good flow from the fuel pump to the carb but in the gc 160 carb does the float need to be level like the briggs ones? If so the float is good.

float

the float sets level in the carburetor and i blew through the fuel inlet and moved the float to see if it was sealing and it seemed to be. Unless the float is supposed to set some how other than level. and the float is plastic so it would be hard to adjust it! is it possible the fuel pump is pumping too much fuel to the engine?

Motra

If the float bowl vent is obstructed it'll cause the problem you're describing. On that engine the float bowl vents to the air filter housing through the rear carburetor mounting flange. There's a metal plate and two gaskets in between the carb and air filter housing. If the gaskets are installed incorrectly it'll block the vent and your engine will run extremely rich. Make sure the holes all line up and there's nothing else blocking that vent.

vent

the gaskets are in correctly and as far as the vent goes can it get plugged up in the line or the carb? i dipped the carburetor so the carburetor is clean. i thought maybe the coil was losing spark when it warmed up but it's not and i checked the fuel pump flow and it seems to be pumping too much. I need to fix this thing and it is a hard nut to crack.