Honda z50 subforum

Please excuse my soapbox but ...

I have 5 Arctic Cat's and a Trail 70. I owned one of these AC's and the Trail 70 in the 70's. All my friends owned Rupps, Trail Horses, Z50's and CT70's. We all used the same term to describe them - "minibikes".

They are all vintage early to mid 70's. They are all 40+ years old. They are ALL minibikes.

How old is old enough for this site? What brands are unacceptable? How big is mini? Define minicycle? Multiple gears or single speed? Engine larger than a certain cc or HP? There is no right answer. Arctic Cat's had single speed models, 2 speed automatics, and their Climber had a 174cc engine, the Screamer had 8HP. All very much considered to be minibikes. It's a gray area for sure.

There's A "Strictly US Vintage " area, maybe there should be a place for "Foreign" where the Z50's and Trail 70's and others should live. They are old, and they are minibikes. The Hondas were such a unique breed. I'd love to see a separate area, but as Dave said, the only time most of us care is when deciding where to start a new thread. Comes down to the best way to organize information so it's easy to post and easy to find.

BTW, there is a "lilhonda" site, but I like the crowd here better. I want just one place to share and discuss all my old minibikes, not multiple. I can't talk about Arctic Cat's at Lilhonda, so here I stay.