Hoppy's "The WTF"-Open Class

is WTF going to have a summer setup option or is it dedicated to snow?

I know how you feel, this winter has been like no winter but i'm now getting excited about spring.

I know what WTF stands for.........................

W-hat T-erriffic F-un :laugh:

actually the skis were and add on to the original idea of an all tired machine. It can and will run tires all around. when the snow comes simply take off the font tires, put the skis on(making the mounts now) throw your rear tire chains on and off I hopefully go. I have to many snowmobiles I cant ride......the WTF has to be useable year round or im just waisting my time just like im doing with a shop of full of sleds..................:doah:

Dont want to whine about my problems so I will just say I dont feel much better really. The build moves forward slowly but surely and my wife is trying to start a fire under my ass to go out to the shop more!! LOL bless her heart.:thumbsup:
Thanks for keeping an eye on me fellas.:thumbsup:

Well guys im sorry to say the WTF has been put on the back burner due to some life issues involving my father and his health issues. Ive spent weeks with hospital visits and moving him to his new place. This was all unexpected and certainlly not something I had planned for. There is no way Im going to get her done by the deadline and with that being said i regretfully am disqualifying myself from the buildoff as I have not updated every month per the rules. The build will go on when things settle. Right now my focus is still on my father whom is doing better on his road to recovery. I appreciate all that have PM'd me with concerns and i have responded in more detail to a few of you. Ill be back guys. Im sorry for entering with a bang and falling off the earth. Life got crazy at the wrong time. Be good and i will be back.:thumbsup:

Just a project, you can always return to it when the time is better. We will be here and there will likely be another build off so you just enter it then, you take care of Family.

Where does time go? Things have settled for the time being so......back to business. The "WTF" has been collecting dust for months and I have only walked by IT a few times since. Well yesterday that all changed!
The guy i gave the axle to to straighten out wanted the bearings also. So I gave the to him with a smile and after months of waiting I get just my axle back.:facepalm: He says the bearings were lost or thrown away by accident.
"Thanks pal should I just bend over your grinding bench for you to?". WTF!!!!!
So months pass and I finally have some new bearings in hand and Im out more money. Great....might aswell take another $25.00 and go out back and smoke it. Without further a due.............the progress. The seat. Old one piece foam and cover that was glued to foam was shot so i had to come up with an alternative. So I made a pattern for the bottom of the pan, cut some wood, added some nut-serts and WHA-LA.............3/4 of a seat.

This shot shows that i actually have the wood suspended off the lower pan. Did this for two reasons. The bolt that holds to the seat has a wlded in threaded piece that sits in the pan. Preventing me from getting the wood to sit flat. Spacing it up took care of that. The second reason was so that water cant sit in the seat pan and the wood is less likely to soak up water and rot out quickly.

Next step is to make a cushion out of some foam from an old snowmobile seat and cover it with this waterproof canvas stuff my mom had kicking around. One side is canvas feeling the other has a rubber coating to it making it water proof. See how it works out. Good news is I have plenty of it.
Picture shows two sides. More pics to come. Going to get the engine welded in in the next week or so. Hopefully be able to atleist fire up the engine shortly after that.

Thanks bud! The "WTF" hasnt gotten the best of me yet. Life threw me a pickle right after the buildoff started. Good news is that is over. Better news is lastnight I found out I have approx 8 months to get her done before the next pickle arrives when I become a DAD!!!!! :sailor:Soon I will have someone to get towed around by the "WTF"!! LOL I knew there was a reason I was building this thing.

So spent some time in the shop lastnight. threw the axle back in. After that i just kinda lined stuff up to see where i was at and if anything needed to be moved at all. Think Im in good shape. Tried messing with the band break and drum setup and thought i had that figured out but will need some tweeking.
Next step will be getting the motor mount and motor lined up and welded in.
Will have pictures soon.

THANKS!!! Not sure its really sunken in yet though but i have some time to let it. LOL
Harley........I didnt until just now. SWEET!!!!! did you name her??