I got boored.. also

So iv been getting more ideas than i have time to build lately. Today i made this little bench vice. For what reason i have no idea. I thought it might be cool to use as a hood ornament on my mini tractor. :shrug: Anyhow i stared off with a chunk of cast iron i cut off an old stage weight. kinda marked out the shape and cut out all the major piece with a sawzall instead of a grinder to keep the dust down since im painting my car in a few days and i already cleaned it. I made the little handle out of an old nose ring kind of thing. Its sterling silver so iv got me a piece of jewely here :laugh:

Oldsalt

Jeep, Beautiful execution on the tiny vise! I am sure you are not interested in a 'Kit' but thought that I'd post a pic of a miniature vise I have. There is that much interest, in some quarters, about vises so there is casting sets being made. The pic is of casting set I own by Morrison and Marvin Engine Works takes out a whale of a lot of the necessary talent in getting one built.

The castings are steel, not cast iron, and are of exceptional quality. Every bit of material needed, including screws and acme thread are included. Just thought you'd get a laugh about it.

Last edited:
a stage weight is a hunk of iron they use back stage for counter balance to pull up the curtains and stuff.
Thats cool oldsalt! I kinda got the idea from this page i think i saw some mini tools in there somewhere :thumbsup:
Home