I thought GX200s made 6.5HP...think again!

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yes I did say it that way and it was a narrow field of view statement. But I don't wonder from shop to shop to get things done or to use a dyno. I search out the best people I can find and take my work there. And I consider them 2 of the best. When Sneaks can get 31 HP out of a 212 Hemi Predator and send it to Barry with no information about it and Barry can get 31 HP out of it too, they are doing something right. And Gary is using some kind of NASA material for valve seats. It is some king of exotic metal that is gold in color and machines like a million buck. He loves it. Formula one stuff...

I drove my Powerstroke to Leadhill Arkansas to have the trans built. That was a 1,200 plus mile trip and I wouldn't let anybody else touch it. I was sitting in the parking lot when he rolled up to open up the shop at 7:45 AM and he pulled the truck in the bay as soon as the door was opened. 2 guys dropped it out and put it on his bench. He tore it down checking every part. Placing all my hard parts on a shelf to the right and then it got washed. He started assembling the trans with parts off the shelf to the left. He has all his hard parts cryogenically treated or custom made. The torque converter is a billet front half with a turbo 400 shell and stators with a 4R100 snout on it. He claims the 400 stator arrangement is the most efficient made. He put a new Ford front pump in it and took it out of the box, tore it down and replaced the bushing first and then checked the clearance on it before he put it in. New solenoid pack and a modified valve body and back in the truck it went. The 2 guys got it in and filled with 5 gallons of Schaeffer's synthetic fluid and put it on the ground. We test drove it and when we got back to the shop we got cleaned up and drove it to lunch at 12:00. It has run 100,000 miles of heavy towing and hard driving over the last 13 years. Best money I ever spent.

And The diesel truck was run on a trailer mounted dyno jet and then an in ground Mustang dyno literally 7 days apart. It had Jody Tipton's tunes in it and drove to 2 different locations. Same town, only thing changed was the dyno. My stock beater super duty 7.3 made 304 and 607 with stock intake and exhaust with a Jody Tipton towing tune in it. My good Super Duty with exhaust, intake and Jody's tune made 317 and 617. Its a mild purpose built tow truck. Both were run on the dyno jet.

Doug
First off, no one makes more power than me. Those 2 guys are very good though. Gary knows alot more because he's been at it almost as long as me.

The 30hp combos they building now I was building in 2008. Ain't nothing much changed since then except the Predator being made.

But ain't no stock size 212cc Predator making more than 25hp.

First off, no one makes more power than me. Those 2 guys are very good though. Gary knows alot more because he's been at it almost as long as me.

The 30hp combos they building now I was building in 2008. Ain't nothing much changed since then except the Predator being made.

But ain't no stock size 212cc Predator making more than 25hp.
Have you ever run one on nitrous(like a real kit not a c02 spray can) or nitromethane/m5?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Have you ever run one on nitrous(like a real kit not a c02 spray can) or nitromethane/m5?
I had a few friends run a dry kit, and 1 guy ran a wet kit. The wet kit didn't work so well.

Most of the guys out here run M1 or M5. A couple people run nitro mixed into there alky. But you have to know what you're doing or you could blow your engine up.

The more you build your engine on the edge, the less it can take something being added to it to make more power.

I had a few friends run a dry kit, and 1 guy ran a wet kit. The wet kit didn't work so well.

Most of the guys out here run M1 or M5. A couple people run nitro mixed into there alky. But you have to know what you're doing or you could blow your engine up.

The more you build your engine on the edge, the less it can take something being added to it to make more power.
I completely agree, I run a dry shot with a decent size pill and it hahahahaing flys lol. This trinik dude won't get off my back because I have a mod2 cam. I keep trying to tell him but what he won't understand is... It's all about getting more oxygen into the engine to allow you to add more fuel.
If he is getting more oxygen in by massaging over the heads combustion chamber and running huge valves that come close to shrouding etc. just to get that little more air flow and fire porting the piston so it will seal the rings.
I'm saying by not going to those extremes I just spray a dry shot on a good ported head and cam and it does work. Doesn't have all the stress on the engine all the time. Doesn't lose air volume because the heads combustion chamber is super small or anything.

So you and his theory about no way to make 30hp on stock bore and stock stroke, I don't agree with.

Have I done it or have a way to dyno a mini engine? No, no I haven't but I do have access to big boy rollers for cars.

My buddies motovox with a stock 420cc only making like a 4200rpm pull made 14.something hp and 25ftlb(the clutch had enough once it got to 4Krpm moving that big roller)

Go ahead tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about !!! When he just confirmed what I already said
You don't know what you are talking about. Now you go ahead.

Just because two guys who build NA engines all their life agree on a number that is just so out of reach for stock bore and stock stroke doesn't mean you can't do it with nitrous or nitromethane.

All you saying something like that shows is you are a simpleton when it comes to approaching a problem and solving it differently than you have before.

Last edited:
Now if the stipulations are Naturally aspirated I would have to agree with you guys because
1) I've never built an all out NA engine.
2) y'all have built a lot and dyno tested them so I'm sure you know what they make generally speaking
3) I don't have an engine dyno.