Just booked, father/son vacation

joekd

Daughter will be leaving for college in the fall which meant no family vacation this year. Didn't think this was fair to my son to get nothing and really didn't want him to resent her for leaving and ruining summer, etc.

Talked it over with the wife and since his birthday is just after Memorial day I looked into a Disney trip for just the two of us. He's turning 15 so explained this is his birthday present and summer vacation all in one, to say the least he is beyond excited. This will give him one last chance to be a kid again before he starts high school in the fall.

When I was about your sons age I missed out on a trip all of my classmates went on because I defended my self when a kid tried unsuccessfully to beat me up. My dad explained to them that it wasnt my fault and all I was doing was defending my self it kept me from being kicked out of school but they said I couldnt go on the trip. When it came time to go on the trip my dad took a day off from work and took me him self. I still remeber it to this day. Im sure you two will have an awesome time. :thumbsup:

joekd

Thanks guys. It cost a lot of $$ but I no trouble pulling the card out and booking it as soon as I saw the smile on his face when I mentioned it to him.

Not leaving DisneyWorld property the whole week. Just going to cannonball our way to the parks early every AM and stay there until they kick us out! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

joekd

Yeah we have been as a family more times then I can honestly count (few times we went multiple times in one year) but this will be the first father/son only trip (unless scouting trips count)

i hope your son knows what a great dad he has...........kids grow up too fast and when i think of childhood memories......i love my dad more every day......for giving me a wonderful childhood.....and time to be a child......my wish is that every one could be so fortunate......to your son i say........cherish the moments and dont be afraid to express your feelings to your dad.....you will never regret that...........say hi to mickey for me...:smile::scooter::smile:

He's turning 15 so explained this is his birthday present and summer vacation all in one, to say the least he is beyond excited. This will give him one last chance to be a kid again before he starts high school in the fall.
Good move man. Your son will fondly remember this for the rest of his life.

A great zero-cost thing to do while you are at Disney is make your way to Downtown Disney. Amazing place, free to park, free entry, they have a movie theater, shops, a Lego City, restaurants, and several attractions. Lots of kids his age are there, because it is cool.

joekd

Sounds like a great trip. At that age Epoct would probably be the park of choice, MGM is cool too
Epcot will always be his favorite,followed by MK then Disney studios (renamed MGM)

Kids haven't really cared about animal kingdom in years and I am sure he will want to skip it this time too, last time we went there the only things they cared about were the safari and mt everest

Epcot will always be his favorite,followed by MK then Disney studios (renamed MGM)

Kids haven't really cared about animal kingdom in years and I am sure he will want to skip it this time too, last time we went there the only things they cared about were the safari and mt everest
We went last year with the park-hopper passes. We went into Animal Kingdom, rode Mt Everest twice, and then immediately left for one of the other parks. :laugh:

WrenchDad

That's awsome. You'll love being able to just hang out together and do what ever you want. We went last Sept. and my 10Year old and I seperated from the rest of the family when they went shopping and we rode Mt everst until it broke then anything else we could fit in. we had a blast.
You will too!!! Enjoy

joekd

I am allowing him to plan everything.

The best part of him having been there so many times before is he already knows exactly what he wants to see!