Just booked, father/son vacation

If you make it to Downtown Disney there is a restaurant about 1/2 mile from where you turn in (just go straight past the last turn if your coming off the expressway), its called the Orlando Ale House. Great food, big portions, fair prices.
We ate there every time we've gone.

i heard it cost a small fortune to go to disney world, when i was a teen back in the 70's living in south florida i would take my girlfriend about once a month to disney back than you got a ticket book with a few coupons for $7. bucks we had a glove box full of coupons for rides from friends and gas was about .50 cents. gee i missed the good old days.:crying:

WrenchDad

September 2012 family of 4 (drove from pa.) check in on Sat. check out the following Sunday morning.Food plan included when you stayed at a moderate hotel. Caribean beach hotel 8 nights, park hoppers for 9 days =$3400 + gas down and back (aprox. $400)

They usually run specials for less days and off peak times of the year from $1800 -$2400

great trip either way.

joekd

Stayed at Caribbean beach before also, was fun walking across the bridge and seeing the birds

Had a long walk around that lake every AM though to get my coffee (I am usually up hours before anyone else so it was my little quiet time very morning) so I would end up bringing like 3 cups with me to make it worth my while

My girlfriend her daughter and I are going April we will be camping at a camp ground to keep costs down. I also have a family member who works for Disney so I will be getting to all the parks free of charge.

joekd

90 days to go. First dinner reservation made. Booked at Hollywood & vine in Disney Studios. It's a buffet so we can just grab what we want plus you get the voucher for the Fantasmic fireworks show reserved seating area.

We did this in the past and it worked out great.

joekd

85 more days

2nd dinner reservation made! Son decided that on his B-day (5/28) he wanted to eat at Garden Grill in Epcot's Land pavilion.

We used to do this meal every time when they were kids and I guess he wanted to revisit the past

I wish you the best time.............

I too have been going to DW since it opened, I have four grown kids from my first marriage and an eight year old from my second. (she's the DB operator).
I can't explain to you other parents some of the hundreds of trips I have made to both Disneyland and DW. But the one I remember best was the one to Disneyland in 67 with my mother. Those trips live with you, forever.
I took the princess last year to DW,just her and I for the day, we went up for two days and stayed in a Radisson (95.00) went over Downtown Disney at night, (blew almost 300 on just stuff). Went the next day to DW just her and I, and we hit Epcot. Hardly a day goes by she doesn't talk about "our" trip.
For you guys and gals reading this, I am asking you to remember to live your lives with your kids as though each and every moment is a Kodak moment, you can never get those back, but you can relive them time and time again in memories. I can think of thousands of them, but I also stop myself and keep thinking all the time, to try and turn each moment with my kids into another one.
Funny, when I was eight years old my father taught me to drive a tractor, plow, disc, and run an automated corn planter. The proudest moment I have had as a parent after watching them all be born was, "Dad, I got it" and off they rode on a mini. I remember the smile on my fathers face when I had him take those training wheels off my bicycle, and guess what? The thrill of seeing my own kids doing the same with a motorized two wheeler??? priceless. I hope you guys rock Disney, I know we do, every time we go.
red423

joekd

Prob 10 years ago my wife and I took a trip down just by ourselves, completely different experience without any kids to say the least