L.A Drag Spot.

The last time I photographed Charles he was racing in the dirt......

But today I was able to capture him in a moment of glory as he received a special recognition award for his contribution to the minibike hobby.

So Congratulations to Charles ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The last time I photographed Charles he was racing in the dirt......

But today I was able to capture him in a moment of glory as he received a special recognition award for his contribution to the minibike hobby.

So Congratulations to Charles ! :thumbsup:

nice pics smallbore. It was cool to see Charles get the recognition. I had a good time out there. A lot of nice bikes .
The drag spot was flooded with quads today . I beat a quad & a dirt bike but they had one that I couldn't beat. It was a lot of fun. Watching them shift and me gain ground was awsome . I was told the quad I couldn't beat hit 84mph . I must have hit 81/82mph. After seeing the quad fly by so many times I thought "Damn I was flying to keep up with that. Lol.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Thanks Smaller Bore
It was fun out at the Joe's Minibike Reunion, I was shocked to even get anything let alone a award.

I know a camera puts on 10 pounds, but how many cameras was on me? LOL

Last edited:
Congrats Charles. That's pretty cool. Wish I could have went. Maybe next time. Bryans bike looked pretty good today. I got a few vids of him up now. A few more tweaks an it should be dead on. I had the radar gun rolling most the day. goose Charles saw what your bike was pushing. Fastest quad hit 83mph. The quad you beat I clocked at 76 right before you guys raced. Charles couldn't believe your mph I got on you either. But I was like that's what that bike has always ran. wasn't 81 or 82 though. Charles guessed you was runnin 80mph. Almost.

Congrats Charles. That's pretty cool. Wish I could have went. Maybe next time. Bryans bike looked pretty good today. I got a few vids of him up now. A few more tweaks an it should be dead on. I had the radar gun rolling most the day. goose Charles saw what your bike was pushing. Fastest quad hit 83mph. The quad you beat I clocked at 76 right before you guys raced. Charles couldn't believe your mph I got on you either. But I was like that's what that bike has always ran. wasn't 81 or 82 though. Charles guessed you was runnin 80mph. Almost.
Sounds right . Give or take 6. My calculation puts me at 79mph. Could be more who knows.

Plus or minus 4, but yeah it was moving pretty good. Thought you would race Dennis. He had his alky bike today ?
Felt good . Still needs tunning. I think I need a bigger fuel pump. Carb ran out of fuel and tank still had some.

Nobody really rolled up on me when I was riding. I wanted to race deshawns Wf but my catch can over filled. No oil . I need to put a drain in my Damn catch can .

Felt good . Still needs tunning. I think I need a bigger fuel pump. Carb ran out of fuel and tank still had some.

Nobody really rolled up on me when I was riding. I wanted to race deshawns Wf but my catch can over filled. No oil . I need to put a drain in my Damn catch can .
deshawns running 1/4 tho i thought u was running 1/8 or did u gear for 1/4 now

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Thanks
To me Bryan's bike didn't look to "fast" to me. I even think "Beans" bike launch better and ran more MPH.

On goose, I seen him and Lobo running the other week. He looks like he has 1mph on Lobo. So that's why I think 80mph. I figured Lobo at 78mph when I was looking at my tach when we was racing.

Thanks
To me Bryan's bike didn't look to "fast" to me. I even think "Beans" bike launch better and ran more MPH.

On goose, I seen him and Lobo running the other week. He looks like he has 1mph on Lobo. So that's why I think 80mph. I figured Lobo at 78mph when I was looking at my tach when we was racing.
Yeah in a fee vida it did look like beans bike was leaving harder. I still say bryans bike is a few tweaks away from being right. Now with a jocky on hid bike the way it sits you won't be sayin it doesn't look quick, or fast. His bike leaves good now. I think he should do a burn out first though. Wheel looked to be spinning a little to much. Now with lobos current gear I feel he has mph on goose. His bike has always had really good top end where as gooses bike e.t's him to mid track an then its a wrap. No need to change anything on lobos bike. He's suppose to lose to alky bikes. Still the fastest legal gasser out there so.

Cylinder head temp?

Figured this would be the best place to ask this...

What, if anything can be gained by measuring cylinder head temp by itself? Or say with RPM? Reason I ask is I came across these...

They're for measuring cylinder temp on RC cars, planes, etc. There's a sensor that's tightened like a noose around the cylinder, or in our case, the spark plug base. Even has MAX/MIN recall. Maybe check intake runner temp? Clutch temp? Beer temp?

And they're $10.

:shrug: