Let's play guess by description...

I had a guy call me today to sell me a Minibike. He lives a good hour away in the hills, and is computer illiterate with no digital camera either. He doesn't know what it is, and he bought it for his daughter in 1972. He said it was blue, so I thought maybe Bonanza. He didn't remember any labels, and it seems the Bonanza logo would be memorable. I asked what the seat was like, and he said it looked like a Banana seat. That made me think of Bird. Then he said it lookd like an lod Doodle Bug, so now I'm really thrown off. I plan to go check it out in the next month or so, so let's see who gets closest on their guess.

Ive found descriptions to be almost impossible!

My Taco was a "Honda 50"

Got one Bonanza that the guy said no markings. (emblem was on it. )

My Caper was a "lil Indian"

The Mini Burro had me scratching my head all night trying to figure what he might have. :doah:

The Glenco, all he had to do was say "V" handlebars but NOOOOOOO!

When are you going? Let us know what you find.

unfortunately my time is all taken up this month, but I hope to try to make time. Something tells me this could be a good score. An old man who still has a blue Minibike he bought used in '67 at a yard sale in San Jose. Makes me think Bonanza.

He did say that it has a Briggs engine, but then again, people tend to call the Tecs a Briggs...

bandit 40

Why keep us and yourself in any more suspense :smile: Its only an hour away!! Get your :censure: on your:scooter: or what ever you prefer and get a look at that mini. You know your not coming back empty handed:smile::smile:GO GET IT!!!!!!!!For god sake.............

3 problems:

1) I'm headed out of town tonight for a weekend in Reno for Hot August Nights

2) Seems that every weekend this month is booked between this trip, my anniversary, My mother in law's 60th B-day, and Car sawp meets.

3) I have to do this stuff without the wife knowing about it.

If I make the trip up there, I'll probably get it even though I don't need anymore bikes. I'm mostly fishing for high end bikes at low end prices nowadays....

bandit 40

3 problems:

2) Seems that every weekend this month is booked between this trip, my anniversary, My mother in law's 60th B-day, and Car sawp meets.

If I make the trip up there, I'll probably get it even though I don't need anymore bikes. I'm mostly fishing for high end bikes at low end prices nowadays....
Thats a good enough reason for me, I was just giving you :censure: and I understand about the wife thing believe me, and sometime the best bikes fall in your lap when either you dont got the lute or when your not looking.......Hey have great time in Reno ,I don't want to see you on here:thumbsup:...enjoy yourself:smile:

3 problems:

Screw up #3 enough times and it'll free up some time on #2 :doah:

Powell's were almost always BLUE so I say it is a Powell Phantom 7 with front brake and lighting kit. So I dream a lot but it cost nothing LOL so I will just have to wait like the rest of us. Steve :scooter:

george3

powell for his daughter? wild child? ha ha. and the street legal one (california dreaming). its a taco. taco 22. he bought it for his daughter in 72? forget the bike whats the daughter look like?

Last edited: