Let's see your modified Manco Thunderbirds

buckeye

As title states.
These are really good bikes to do several different modifications.
Chopper,rat,racing,ect..
Let's see what you have done to yours.

Here's mine. The only real structual change was extending the fork by 4 inches and adding the apehangers.

buckeye

I am going to post this for paulh.
As you can see,he upgraded the 3.5 tec with a 5hp Briggs.
I am sure he will chime in and share what else he has done. Thanks Paulh. Great job.

Heres an old pic of mine. It has a HS50, a smaller rear sprocket (off of a Rupp Roadster) and a Clinton air cleaner. I'm going to put a Roadster gas tank on it too:thumbsup:

Those are old photos, I have since put a Comet Tav 2 on it and boy does it fly:thumbsup:

jeep4me

I am going to post this for paulh.
As you can see,he upgraded the 3.5 tec with a 5hp Briggs.
I am sure he will chime in and share what else he has done. Thanks Paulh. Great job.
I had the chance to ride this bike last weekend. Super quick and fun to ride. Thanks Paul.

Really awesome looking bikes guys!! Those are my second dream bike to own, 1st being a big tired mini like a bigcat or such.. Prolly never get one, due to finances, but a man can dream right. Again awesome pics and bikes guys.

buckeye

Here's mine with the 5hp Briggs. I had to take it off due to the frame flex. No welder to reinforce the mounting plate. Plus it was a wheelie monster.

This is my Manco T-bird. Has a 4h Tecumseh. I originally put a TV2 torque converter on it, but couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground, so I went with the old reliable Max Torque. Rear tire is from Tractor Supply and the exhaust is an air horn off an old semi truck. I went with taller handlebars because the stock ones hit my knees when you turned very short. It's currently for sale on Craigslist.

Damn it Buck, why did ya start this thread? now I gotta get me a t-bird. :laugh: Lots of nice ones out there guys, great work. :thumbsup: