Minibikes for fat guys

Hey guys. After hearing my dad talk about his taco mini bike and how badass they were back in the day, I decided to find somethin to mess with. I cant afford a taco thats for dang sure. I was wondering what bikes are out there decently priced, I'd even be interested in a decent kit. Also. What kind of tires should I look for if I am a big dude. I'd like to find a slick. I think it would be neat to cruise the drag race pits and car shows on one. Another thing is power. I was looking at the 6.5 clones and was wondering how well those move. We are car guys and plan on tweaking it a bit when we get our hands on one. Awesome forums btw!

Howdy, and welcome to the the site.

Not to be rude but just how big are you? Im 6'2" almost 250# and I fit on a Lil Indian (barely) and my 6.5 clone moves me just fine.

I guess it all depends on what you want. The baja bikes are pretty big and some of them come with a torqe converter.

Get what your comfortable with and have fun.

J

How about a big chopper for a big dude. Bight need heaver shocks but it's not to small. just about any engine would work and a 6.5 would pull the load fine. Shipping by greyhound would work as your close to I-5. Big and comfortable Cheeftah Chopper just made for a big man. PM me for a great price I need to move this mini and a few more.
Steve :scooter
:

Hey guys. After hearing my dad talk about his taco mini bike and how badass they were back in the day, I decided to find somethin to mess with. I cant afford a taco thats for dang sure. I was wondering what bikes are out there decently priced, I'd even be interested in a decent kit. Also. What kind of tires should I look for if I am a big dude. I'd like to find a slick. I think it would be neat to cruise the drag race pits and car shows on one. Another thing is power. I was looking at the 6.5 clones and was wondering how well those move. We are car guys and plan on tweaking it a bit when we get our hands on one. Awesome forums btw!
P W welcome to the site its
realy a great one, be safe.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah we need more detail
How big are you?

I figure as long as you can fit on a minibike then your good.

BTW Welcome to site, good luck :thumbsup:

oldfatguy

look for a frame that fits you comfortably, some of the minis were meant for kids and are too small for us bigger kids. A 6.5 clone with a jack shaft will work out well for you and don't be afraid to gear it way down to like 10 to 1 or more it doesn't sound like you need top end speed just some good pulling power to cruise around .

Not so Mini Bikes

Welcome! Minibikes do come in Mens' sizes. When I ride the little ones, I look like Bongo the trained circus bear.

They also make some killer trikes that may fit your needs.

lol thanks for the responses guys. Me and my old man got a laugh from that last picture. That's one hell of a bike. Could you imagine that thing cruising the car shows amongst a sea of tacos? I'm about 6 foot 350+. Maybe more. I guess with enough PSI in the tires and a low enough gear I can get moving.:lol: . I'm definitely not going for a land speed record, just somethin to cruise around the block and maybe down the canal.

Welcome to the site PW! What you need is a baja warrior or heat, I have been as heavy as #250 and the DB I ride was more than adequate with a stock 6.5 at that weight. A bit small though as far as the frame size, I bought then sold a warrior and kick myself daily for doing so and am currentlty looking for another! They are very popular here as well, so you would not get the that's a minicycle not a minibike speech as they are just a buig minibike! A heald is the ideal ride as far as size and big wheel big frame minibikes are available but high rent! The bajas are reasonably priced on the average and a great choice!

Yes, gotes are large framed bikes made for grown men, I ride them and they are my favorite bike, I am not only big but stove up too, so the bigger bikes are a lot easier to ride. There are also bronks, heathkits and more that would be a good ride. Also check out bad dogs on EBay, they have very large bikes.

Last edited:

jeep4me

Welcome to the site PW. I guess I know how you came up with your call name:laugh::thumbsup:

Definetly go with something vintage, like the Tote Gotes, super broncs, T777. Theres lots of Powells in your end of the country, some of those came with 10hp engines I think.

I am now 270 and was well over 300 , about 330 at my heaviest and all my bikes were good to ride and held up with no problems other than hard on my back.

I like any frame with suspension for comfort .

check also the diff manco minibikes some of them are sutable and not a lot
of $ ether,plus whatever engine it would happen to have shuld do the
job for you,BE SAFE USE HELMET, good luck :smile::thumbsup: