Money

trying getting free stuff from Craigslist. Then either fix it up, repair it etc. then try reselling it. Reasearch some common wanted/needed parts for mini bikes and sell those too. Or you could just get a part time job.....I pumped gas when I was 15.

I think you answered your own question? Small engine skills are great. I used to scour the neighborhood on bulk trash night, take anything small engine, repair it and sell it. I even picked up many things that still ran, but people with money upgraded and just didn't want it anymore.
Running and ad on CL to fix stuuf is good too, but you had better be able to deliver as well. Liability can bite you hard in this day and age.

Or..do what I told my nephew. Get a part time job..sack grocerys...fast food..anything. It's a duel purpose...learn responsabilitiy...learn money is harder to make then spend...and you can buy more mini bike stuff.:thumbsup:

joekd

Job time, I had 2 PT when I was 15 because I was determined to buy myself a car, worked my ass off too (remember riding my bike home after midnight a few times) but it was worth it

yeh, although i like the fact i don't have to pay taxes yet haha i get paid off the books, i have been working since i was 13 and that was in a pizzeria

I did it all as a kid. I had paper routes one in the morning for a big LA paper and one in the afternoon, washed cars, mowed lawns, pulled weeds and even baby sat. I even washed windows. Went to construction sites and after the carpenters left I would pick up the wood scraps for the superintendent for the morning burn barrel the crew huddled around. I drained the gas from the hoses at the filling stations for gas for the lawn mower. The Craigslist free can bring in project to work on and also check the barter side of the listings.
Good luck
:scooter: Steve

I did it all as a kid. I had paper routes one in the morning for a big LA paper and one in the afternoon, washed cars, mowed lawns, pulled weeds and even baby sat. I even washed windows. Went to construction sites and after the carpenters left I would pick up the wood scraps for the superintendent for the morning burn barrel the crew huddled around. I drained the gas from the hoses at the filling stations for gas for the lawn mower. The Craigslist free can bring in project to work on and also check the barter side of the listings.
Good luck
:scooter: Steve
Yes Steve,C/L can be a money maker,plus learn a lot,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm 49 and I've been working continuously since I'm 15. Except for maybe one semester in college. Many times I had more than one job. My son will be 15 soon and he's in the same boat as you. Unfortunately, many places won't hire a kid 'til he's at least 16. For a regular job, you'll have to try locally owned places. My daughter got a job at Tropical Smoothie when she was 14. When I was a kid boys had paper routes and things like that. Those jobs don't exist any more. I have two pieces of advice for you;

If you do get a job at a local store or restaurant, show up on time, show up sober (hopefully that's not an issue), and don't steal. Oh, and it helps if you actually work while you're there. I know it sounds silly, but my oldest daughter managed a surf shop while she was in college, and she literally could not keep people employed becasue they couldn't follow those simple rules. She worked 60+ hours a week because people just didn't show up, or she had to fire them for being drunk or stealing. It was crazy.

My other suggestion is be a bit of an entrepreneur. It's been my experience that many, many people will not do even the simplest tasks for themselves. Put up signs in your neighborhood; shovel snow, rake leaves, mow grass, etc. You can make quite a bit of money like this; more than washing dishes or carrying groceries. The hard part is making sure you get paid enough. Sometimes it's hard to estimate how long a job will take when you give somebody a price. If people see that you work hard and do a good job, you'll have more work than you can handle.

Unfortunately, many kids your age just don't want to work. I live in a resort town, and the hotels have to import kids from eastern Europe to do the menial labor. Good luck!

My cousin and I used to shovel snow for a few hours and make good money then go bowling we also worked at a nursery pulling weeds and such.

C/L is good just watch for the scammers and be ready to jump on the good deals.People give away all kinds of good free stuff that you may not really neeed but someone else most likely will.

Find something that is easy and labor intensive and do it. I worked for a landscaping company mowing lawn and keeping their equipment running, it was possibly the easiest job ever. If you look around there will be lots of small, part time jobs that you can fill. Good Luck :thumbsup:

If you want to excel in the job market now and in the future you should learn conversational spanish. Depending on the part of the country you live in it's a must, I know it is here in OKC. English only speaking teens around here get beat out of jobs by bi-lingual teens at an alarming rate. It's unfortunate but the way it is. The jobs we had available as teens when I was growing up were plentiful but they dont even have grocery sackers around here and the restaurant jobs are taken by adults who cant find work elsewhere. A sad state of affairs but with some initiative and creativity you can make money and do it legally! Good luck my young friend!:thumbsup:

when i was in middle school, during the summers my mom would bring me to her work. mainly to keep me out of trouble. i would detail boats etc. and during winter me and my friend would shovel driveways, i did that till about 11th grade. and when i was 15 in 10th grade my mom got me a job at a restaurant as a dishwasher (she new the owners) many of late nites in that place. i was at that place till i was 19 and worked my way up to the line. it had its ups and downs but to this day i say its my favorite job ive had. and i left there because i got a really good job working on a navy base.
its winter so get a shovel and pray for snow:bowdown: come summer time maybe invest in a power washer, theres always some1 who wants something power washed but are to lazy to do it themselves or just dont have 1, and there is always mowing lawns. good luck:thumbsup:

If you want to excel in the job market now and in the future you should learn conversational spanish. Depending on the part of the country you live in it's a must, I know it is here in OKC. English only speaking teens around here get beat out of jobs by bi-lingual teens at an alarming rate. It's unfortunate but the way it is. The jobs we had available as teens when I was growing up were plentiful but they dont even have grocery sackers around here and the restaurant jobs are taken by adults who cant find work elsewhere. A sad state of affairs but with some initiative and creativity you can make money and do it legally! Good luck my young friend!:thumbsup:
I learned Spanish fast while working with that landscaping company, since I was the only Caucasian who worked there:shrug:

Something I keep seeing coming up on C/L is LAMPS old lamps that people no longer want and are just giving them away.

I kinda like lamps and after seeing all the ones that are given away free I think someone could have a seriously large collection in a year or two.

I have no idea what if anything they are worth but that really depends on the buyer but they are very easy to repair/restore.