My Good News!

MiniBike Paul

3 weeks ago I had a "Life Line Screening"; a few days ago I found out that while the main results were perfect, they found a mass on my liver! Yesterday late in the afternoon I had a Cat Scan and got the results - it is a non threatening cyst, I AM FINE!

For the few hours yesterday, before I got the good news from my Cat Scan, I was totally terrified, as I had to really face my own mortality - to say it was scary is a major understatement!

As corny as it sounds, today I REALLY feel is the first day of the rest of my life!!

Putting those closest to me through 24 horrible hours was awful, and thinking about what it would have done to them (and me) if the news had been bad still makes me shiver! Sincere thanks to the few people who knew what I was going through (including a couple of OldMiniBikes.com guys) for the immense love you directed my way! That was a VERY bright light on a VERY dark day!

Good to hear Paul. I noted your absence here. I understand the pins and needles part, and dealing with the possibility of your mortality. Hell, I think that anguish is more unhealthy than half the sht we're dying from.

You don't sound corny at all. You sound relieved. I'm happy for you and your loved ones.

45t

Glad to hear that its nothing to worry about. Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life. Enjoy it and cherish every moment. :thumbsup:

Mean Dean

Glad to hear that. I had the same kind of thing Years ago. I was pretty Ill and they told me I had Luekemia and to get my crap in order. Same feeling you had my friend. I was in shock. I didn't even have kids yet. Came to pass I was given a prescription three weeks earlier and working major overtime it attacked my blood cells because of the Sulfur in the anitbiotics. I was fine four days after. It does suck that you worry more those few days than being sick.

Bruceo

That's not good news. It's GREAT news.
Enjoy the rest of your life. You never know what life throws at you. up to 3 years ago I've never been sick or seen a doctor in like 40 years. then all hell broke loose. nothing life threatening, just enough to alter my lifestyle. Crohn.s shingles, Diverticulitis ,teeth problems.. damn, all of a sudden I'm falling apart. Hell getting old..lol

oldfatguy

I understand completely, I went through something similar years ago. The stress and worry plus the waiting are the worst part. I'm so glad to hear that all is well. I wonder if God gives us these little trials to either change the course of our lives or just perhaps to make us appreciate it a little more.

Hounddog

Yes that is Great News Paul! Like I said there is too much left to do, and we are just getting started my friend!:thumbsup: