My Hot Rod buddy

He was involved with some underground comics I forget the name. He was also buddies with Von Dutch but I think they fell out in later years. Cool that you know him. Ask him to tell you some "Dutch" stories.

It's cool to know famous old racers and hot rodders, I vaguely knew Connie Swingle who was a chassis builder for Don Garlits who did eventually recognize and mention that fact later in some interviews. My Dad knew him very well and hung out with him in his final years. He was an alcoholic and died broke and miserable but another buddy Jimmy Jorski took him under his wing and pushed to get him recognized, had posters made up and took him to many car shows to sign autographs till he eventually passed. Both are dead now and are missed around here.

He was involved with some underground comics I forget the name. He was also buddies with Von Dutch but I think they fell out in later years. Cool that you know him. Ask him to tell you some "Dutch" stories.
It's cool to know famous old racers and hot rodders, I vaguely knew Connie Swingle who was a chassis builder for Don Garlits who did eventually recognize and mention that fact later in some interviews. My Dad knew him very well and hung out with him in his final years. He was an alcoholic and died broke and miserable but another buddy Jimmy Jorski took him under his wing and pushed to get him recognized, had posters made up and took him to many car shows to sign autographs till he eventually passed. Both are dead now and are missed around here.
:thumbsup:

I think I saw Van Dutch at a car show in Los Angeles doing some pin striping and was working on cars as they were waiting in line to go into the Tridents Custom car shows. My friend Albert Torres Madrigal was showing his 1956 Nomad and he won best paint that night.
Any one that worked for Ed Roth had to be the best in their trade and the art in the shirt design was a magnet to so many.
Steve