My Muffler is too close to my seat pan and vinyl ?????

Thanks for the nice words. It's a Scooterboy bike. Almost all of mine are.
Do you mean you got the bike from Mark, or he made it? I know he made repro forks awhile back but was he also making frames?

Seat should sit level, like this:

Looks like the front grommet on the seat is too high, it should be more towards the bottom:detective:

Do you mean you got the bike from Mark, or he made it? I know he made repro forks awhile back but was he also making frames?

Seat should sit level, like this:

Looks like the front grommet on the seat is too high, it should be more towards the bottom:detective:
Mark made the fork. The frame is original. He didn't make frames, just forks. I think I know what the problem is now. How thick is the foam on the seat pan supposed to be ?

What I'm asking is this. Do I not have enough padding on my pan ? I added an inch of new foam to the pan you see in the photo. And removed the old padding in the photo of course. I see both seats though. The higher padded seat and the seat w padding lime mine.

markus

what you see for padding on the pan I posted a photo of previously in this thread is the original padding if that helps any, my seat had never been taken apart....just falling apart :laugh:

So Markus, thank you for helping, take a look at your pan and my pan. Not the foam but the fiberglass. I'm seeing your pan is higher in thickness towards the front end than mine. I'm seeing this in other Bonanza Chopper seats. The difference in the thickness or height toward the nose of the pan. Scooterboy Mark's seat is like mine and his is all original. My pan is original w a repro cover and 1" of padding. I wonder if this is why people notice my seat dips down in front ?

IMG_4401_zpsncq6pvgs.jpg Photo by pat_marshall1 | Photobucket

20160529_212929_zpszmgwssx7.jpg Photo by pat_marshall1 | Photobucket

markus

This was my pan without padding, its pretty thin up front.

If it bothers you that much take your sissy bar back apart and trim the springs down a little.

seat pans need repair..or many other things ..this stuff is expensive,but dries rock hard..overfilling unforgiving as this will not grind down easily..is meant for boat hull repair..is extremely strong..I've used this on cars too IMG_20160306_232431.jpg

Last edited: