Need your opinion on my Keystone..

Like it says, I need your opinions on what to do with my 2-stroke Keystone.

I just tore apart the motor and the piston is scored and marred up pretty bad, and there is no way I'd put it back in the motor. So I have to find another Keystone bike so I can get the parts to fix the motor, because for those of you who are unfamiliar with the TAS motor, it has a oddball piston.

So my question is:

Should I clean up the motor mount plate and put a different motor in it? (I was thinking maybe a 3-5hp Tecumseh flathead)

OR

Should I just put it on the shelf and leave it alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just set it aside for now. With patience you will eventually run across the parts you need. Those bikes are odd and not too easy to come by with the original motors.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I once had a Artic Cat 1 cyl that had 150psi. :thumbsup:

I removed the head and after seeing it was severlly scored ! ! :confused:

I have no idea how it could of had such great compression ! ????:shrug:

Last edited:
Personally I would wait Clay untill you can fix that two stroke correctly!! That engine would be the draw for me on that Keystone!! Its not the only bike you have to ride so why not? :thumbsup:

You could do like me and put a bike engine on it
It is a direct bolt in swap and looks close to original
For under $200 its a deal and its 66cc up from 49cc

Thanks for all the input. :thumbsup: I will tuck it away for now and if I really want to do something with it later on I could get a motor like Rob is using for his. Thanks everybody. :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Clay
I have only garage tested the clone motor but it seems to pull good with my 275 lbs on it
I hope to do a road test with video this weekend :thumbsup: