New member with an old mini bike

Just picked up my first minibike, a 1973 Honda ST90.
I have a few motorcycles already, but this is the first minibike.

Always wanted one since being a kid at the cottage watching friends down the road on their old Honda 50's or whatever they were.

Looking forward to getting more familiar with the ST90 over time and zipping around on it at the cottage. My 13 year old daughter will learn to ride on it (she'll be pretty surprised when she sees it after school today).

Pictures to come.

Last edited:
...and I'll be darned if I can sort out what words are and are not allowed here. It has taken me 15 minutes and multiple attempts to pare down my post to the point it allowed it to go up.

...and I'll be darned if I can sort out what words are and are not allowed here. It has taken me 15 minutes and multiple attempts to pare down my post to the point it allowed it to go up.
Thats a new one to me . :confused: Anyway ...Welcome to the OldMiniBikes ! :thumbsup:

Welcome , lots of great people here!

Those st90's are a nice bike ,and if you have papers for it they are a blast to street ride
Nothing like pulling into Tim Hortons on a street legal mini lol

Yeah, not really sure what the content was in my post attempt that was triggering warnings - no offensive words, no links to the outside world. Hard to say. Might have been sheer length?

Anyhow - glad to be here. I have a number of old bikes (7) but this is my first 'minibike'.

I'll post up some questions in the appropriate section - I need to learn what 'normal' is on these things before I start tearing into it looking for problems that aren't actually problems.

I also run a vintage motorcycle forum, about the same size as OldMiniBikes. Can't post a link here, but it's called 'DO THE TON'.

I'm just over by High Park in the Junction area. Might get a temp plate for $15 or whatever they charge these days and ride it to Lakeshore/Leslie one Thursday evening for kicks.