Newbie Here From Michigan

jeep4me

I need to figure out why the throttle sticks and don't always kick back w<en u let off
Did you loosen the 10mm nut that attaches the speed control arm to the control arm plate? It's between the air filter and exhaust, look straight down between them.

Loosen it just enough so the arm moves freely. Sometimes adding an additional return spring helps.

I read that you had a throttle pullback being weak, and/or sticking, that is not returning to zero when you let go of the throttle. I am having a similar issue do you think you can walk me through how to fix this like you did?

:confused:
Yea a lot of guys have the problem of the throttle not returning to zero, I added, and most add, an extra spring to the throttle. I show a picture of it, but you drill a small hole at the top of the throttle plate there, attach one spring end there and the other back to a hole on the lever. You don't need a super strong spring, just enough to pull the throttle back, not stiff enough to make it harder to twist.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Yea a lot of guys have the problem of the throttle not returning to zero, I added, and most add, an extra spring to the throttle. I show a picture of it, but you drill a small hole at the top of the throttle plate there, attach one spring end there and the other back to a hole on the lever. You don't need a super strong spring, just enough to pull the throttle back, not stiff enough to make it harder to twist.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Wheres the pic of where you drilled if you dont mind posting it that would be great!

Put a new exhaust, intake,header and 37mm jet kit on the kart today I must say a huge power difference.

What can I do to hold the choke arm now? I think I'm missing something.

i put my return spring right where the throttle cable attaches so as soon as i let off the gas the return spring pulls the throttle cable back.

I got the throttle fixed and figured out the choke hold bracket :) thanks guys.

I just got our new tires from OCB today :thumbsup: so ill be mounting them up soon. I think next will be a new seat, brakes , newer kill switch and maybe a carb upgrade.

Does anyone know where i can get a vent breather kit for it ?