Nitrous people please step inside.

Oh I've already been spraying it dry with success... That's not the issue. Also you would look at timing marks on the spark plug after a nitrous pull to see if you need more or less. 2/50 is just a good rule of thumb to get you close.

I actually have a New in Box NOS kit for sale if you are looking to buy one.
Everything is brand new. Can send pics
Taking a brake form building the truck for a while. Been a long project. All my money is going in to my current mini bike build :) Like to see how your wet kit turns out though for your mini. Might spray my mini before the truck get it.

That sounds like a mess as far as plumbing and tuning.
1 I feel like fuel would come out way too fast
2 I also feel changing in bottle pressure would mess the tune up all the way around

Mot you may be right but to me it would be simpler,
1) you would need a jet just like the nitrous to get the correct mixture
2) the changing pressure would be applied equally to the nitrous as well as the fuel so it would be less of an issue than changing nitrous pressure with a fuel pump and jet that run at a continuous pressure

And lastly unless you are well versed in using Nox Tuning will be equally challenging with a pump or any other method you choose. The 3 jet carbs only enrichen when airflow is high so it could not be used for the whole run. Also when or ir you get it tuned correctly the torque spikes from nitrous at low RPM would probably limit rod bearing life of a splash lubed motor.

O boy... I started looking and found a NX kit that says it will do as low as 10HP. There Mainline kit looks like it has almost every thing. If you could add a nitrous controller to it to bring it on soft it would be killer. I might have to build a NOS bike now hahaha. I would recommend widening your piston gap a little for this. Also NOS pistons for cars have lower top rings in them, something to think about if you buy a piston later.
If it can't take a joke screw it.
Next stock piston I will gap the rings.

That sounds like a mess as far as plumbing and tuning.
1 I feel like fuel would come out way too fast
2 I also feel changing in bottle pressure would mess the tune up all the way around

Mot you may be right but to me it would be simpler,
1) you would need a jet just like the nitrous to get the correct mixture
2) the changing pressure would be applied equally to the nitrous as well as the fuel so it would be less of an issue than changing nitrous pressure with a fuel pump and jet that run at a continuous pressure

And lastly unless you are well versed in using Nox Tuning will be equally challenging with a pump or any other method you choose. The 3 jet carbs only enrichen when airflow is high so it could not be used for the whole run. Also when or ir you get it tuned correctly the torque spikes from nitrous at low RPM would probably limit rod bearing life of a splash lubed motor.
I'm just talking about having 800-1050 psi going into a fuel tank and trying to regulate that down to a useable pressure.

Understood my idea was no regulation but a tiny fuel orifice. Thinking more about it, it would have to be real tiny! Probably would have issues with clogging.

I'm sure as it is also a liquid till it comes out of the nozzle, then it turns into a gas and really cools down the intake air for added benefit.
I just have no idea what the ratio would be of extra fuel to Nox to achieve the proper AF ratio. Snooping around the NOx forums looks like correct ratio is 9 to 1 but a lot of guys run richer for safety as much as 6 to 1.

I'm sure as it is also a liquid till it comes out of the nozzle, then it turns into a gas and really cools down the intake air for added benefit.
I just have no idea what the ratio would be of extra fuel to Nox to achieve the proper AF ratio. Snooping around the NOx forums looks like correct ratio is 9 to 1 but a lot of guys run richer for safety as much as 6 to 1.
You talking about air fuel ratio?

Unless you have a wideband you read the spark plugs and timing marks.

9:1 afr is stupid rich for nitrous. You want to be around 11/12.. When tuners plug read for power, the afr usually ends up closer to 13

Depends on the fuel too, I think methanol is like 6:1 ...
I'm in 93 octane and it still loves the compression and the sauce. I'm going to get more compression here soon and probably keep it on 93.

Yes, that was the point. It doesn't do you any good to run so rich OFF of NOS that you cant get any power. The system I am talking about worked well, but as an enrichment device for motor not NOS. I used it in 1990.

It used manifold vacuum to suck extra fuel out of the bowl.

I would need it(the nitrous) from the start to the end... Would it be able to do that? Go from a good tune up to super rich on the fly?

read up on tuning by reading the sparkplug.

seems that this method is used when one doesn't have the funds for instrumentation.

it is also easily susceptible to error. the ground strap "blue line" refers to the annealing
discoloration brought on by heat in the combustion chamber. since the blue line will
move on the strap as as a function of time and heat the time parameter must be tightly
controlled between runs. the run time profile must be identical between runs to use
this method with any accuracy. heat is the desired parameter to measure.

:thumbsup:

Moto I was not talking about air fuel ratio. I was referring to the ratio of gasoline to Nox coming out of the pills or jets. For the same volume or mass, NOx has more oxygen than air requiring a richer mixture. Now depending on the ratio of the NOx/gas from jets to the volume of normal air/ fuel from the carb requires progressively richer mixtures as the oxygen content rises. I hope I am making sense. I will also state I have never played with this but you thread got me very interested in it so thanks for posting this. Here is a quote from a nitrous site that explains it better than I have so far.
"
The optimal air/fuel ratio for complete combustion of gasoline is 14.7:1 (commonly referred to as the stoichiometric ratio). However, gasoline engines produce the best power at an air/fuel ratio of 12.5:1-13:1. Because nitrous is more oxygen-rich than air, the chemically correct air/fuel ratio becomes 9.65 parts of nitrous to 1 part of fuel (9.65:1). Additional fuel beyond 9.65:1 should be added to make maximum power and to prevent detonation (an air/fuel ratio of 8.0:1-8.2:1).
"

read up on tuning by reading the sparkplug.

seems that this method is used when one doesn't have the funds for instrumentation.

it is also easily susceptible to error. the ground strap "blue line" refers to the annealing
discoloration brought on by heat in the combustion chamber. since the blue line will
move on the strap as as a function of time and heat the time parameter must be tightly
controlled between runs. the run time profile must be identical between runs to use
this method with any accuracy. heat is the desired parameter to measure.

:thumbsup:
Again ... I'm not asking how to tune for nitrous.

I'm asking
1)if any carbs can "on the fly" go to a stupid rich tune for a dry shot of nitrous (no I'm not talking about that little twist valve on the bottom of some gx390 carbs either. Those things are junk) if I can't find a carb or way to have my cake and eat it too I will just build this to be a wet shot instead of dry.

Just that simple.

I can look at a plug and have a decent idea of what it needs but my buddy has the LED light inside the magnifying glass globe deal. You can stick the plug in there and see every thing in like 4K LOL. That man does my nitrous tuning. I just hold on.

Moto I was not talking about air fuel ratio. I was referring to the ratio of gasoline to Nox coming out of the pills or jets. For the same volume or mass, NOx has more oxygen than air requiring a richer mixture. Now depending on the ratio of the NOx/gas from jets to the volume of normal air/ fuel from the carb requires progressively richer mixtures as the oxygen content rises. I hope I am making sense. I will also state I have never played with this but you thread got me very interested in it so thanks for posting this. Here is a quote from a nitrous site that explains it better than I have so far.
"
The optimal air/fuel ratio for complete combustion of gasoline is 14.7:1 (commonly referred to as the stoichiometric ratio). However, gasoline engines produce the best power at an air/fuel ratio of 12.5:1-13:1. Because nitrous is more oxygen-rich than air, the chemically correct air/fuel ratio becomes 9.65 parts of nitrous to 1 part of fuel (9.65:1). Additional fuel beyond 9.65:1 should be added to make maximum power and to prevent detonation (an air/fuel ratio of 8.0:1-8.2:1).
"
Okay lol

I thought you were tripping or talking about M5's stoich numbers.

Yea I've seen local, reputable tuners do 13.1 afr on nitrous cars.

But these are for people that check plugs regularly and change the tune with the weather. Not the person who runs it regardless of bottle pressure or outside temps etc.

Again ... I'm not asking how to tune for nitrous.

I'm asking
1)if any carbs can "on the fly" go to a stupid rich tune for a dry shot of nitrous (no I'm not talking about that little twist valve on the bottom of some gx390 carbs either. Those things are junk) if I can't find a carb or way to have my cake and eat it too I will just build this to be a wet shot instead of dry.

Just that simple.

I can look at a plug and have a decent idea of what it needs but my buddy has the LED light inside the magnifying glass globe deal. You can stick the plug in there and see every thing in like 4K LOL. That man does my nitrous tuning. I just hold on.
i meant to say "i read up on ....."

cool thread in any case!

I was using a nitrous express protron wet dry kit spraying 25hp into my built 390...two times this kit has shaken apart. broke the fuel pump broke the rod in the tank broke the solenoids bracket sent it all back to texas they warrentied the first time still haven't heard from them yet on the second...seems to be a high frequency buzz at high rpm doing the damage...

I was using a nitrous express protron wet dry kit spraying 25hp into my built 390...two times this kit has shaken apart. broke the fuel pump broke the rod in the tank broke the solenoids bracket sent it all back to texas they warrentied the first time still haven't heard from them yet on the second...seems to be a high frequency buzz at high rpm doing the damage...
I bet a damn 390 with a 25 shot was just rude. What was this on?

Can't claim to be the fastest if you got beat.

I'm not claiming to be the fastest either though.
That 150-180 foot wasn't what I was ready for.

Hazardous waste is in October. We will have the same track to run again.