Nitrous people please step inside.

Been spraying a dry shot on my 212 for a little bit and it LOVES it... Wanted to look into a wet kit but wanted to see what other people were doing for fuel pumps, how long batteries last on a pump and 2 solenoids etc.

Right now I have it jetted up super FAT and spraying it with a .016 pill. Ole Grimace acts a donkey on the nitrous lol

didn't mean at all to rain on your parade :thumbsup:

i know nothing about using nitro, how does it feel when you hit the button?
My bad. I assumed you were one of those guys who won't give advice if I was on stock Rod or flywheel lol

It hits so hard... It picks the front tire up every time you bump the kit unless you are going over 40.

It's not nitro though, just nitrous oxide.

so you bump the kit and nitrous oxide boils out into the intake manifold. are you increasing
fuel to maintain stoichiometry? muy understanding of nitrous is that the nitrogen and
oxygen dissimilate under early combustion pressure and heat releasing oxygen to
burn more fuel.

correct me here, i am probably missing something, if you do not increase fuel mass flow
when you start dispensing nitrous you just lean out the mixture, the gaseous nitrous replaces
air which is 21% oxygen, when the oxygen dissimilates you get 30% oxygen levels, so
it seems more fuel is needed. i guess this all assumes you are stoiciometric with the original
gas/air mixture.

:thumbsup:

I actually have to add so much fuel that it runs horrible on motor alone. Like will barely cruise around... Hints why I'm here asking about wet shots and if anyone here has any first hand experience with nitrous or wet shots on predators specifically.

It acts a fool on nitrous though. Like beating racing dirt bikes and stuff ...

Also I'm impressed with your grasp of nitrous.. I'm assuming you are older than me (28) and any time I talk to anyone over 40 about this they think
-I'm going to blow up
-nitrous is flammable
1) if nitrous isn't flammable why is oxygen flammable
2)yes oxygen is flammable
3) what's an accelerant?

Nitrous doesn't kill engines, people who don't know anything about nitrous kill engines.

If I were going to run nitrous I would tap a line from the nitrous bottle and use it to pressurise a small aux gas tank then run that gas line to another solenoide then thru a small orifice to meter the fuel. That would eliminate need for a fuel pump.

i am older than dirt itself. any time i talk to a kid (under 30) i know just
what they think! "i'm smarter than this old dude!". then i chuckle:laugh:

oxygen is not flammable. it is an oxidizer, it doesn't burn by itself. chemistry 101!

i don't think you will blow up. as long as the engine can dissipate the heat
and strain produced by combustion and maintain lubrication you are all set.

it would be cool if you could use an oxygen bottle instead of nitrous. imagine
that!!??!!??

i am older than dirt itself. any time i talk to a kid (under 30) i know just
what they think! "i'm smarter than this old dude!". then i chuckle:laugh:

oxygen is not flammable. it is an oxidizer, it doesn't burn by itself. chemistry 101!

i don't think you will blow up. as long as the engine can dissipate the heat
and strain produced by combustion and maintain lubrication you are all set.

it would be cool if you could use an oxygen bottle instead of nitrous. imagine
that!!??!!??
Ah I know why.
Because oxygen can't be quantified or regulated. Nitrogen can so we use it because her is carrying two oxygen molecules LOL
IF we could regulate the oxygen, engines could run on it alone ... But it would just run away/blow up.

If I were going to run nitrous I would tap a line from the nitrous bottle and use it to pressurise a small aux gas tank then run that gas line to another solenoide then thru a small orifice to meter the fuel. That would eliminate need for a fuel pump.
Ole, I am amazed you understand what NOS is. LMAO! There used to be a kit for Harley that used a tap into the carb bowl to a Mikuni jet where raw fuel would be pulled at enough vacuum. It didn't do anything at lower RPM, but with flowed heads and cams, once that extra fuel hit, you felt it.

On something like this, I believe that would be a good way to rich it out when the NOS is applied, provided the vacuum was sufficient. Thunder Jet I believe it was called. Ran on pure vacuum. Jet controlled the metering.

Dave now your thinking, the china PWK carbs have a extra fuel jet in the inlet that only flows when airflow is high. It has a jet that could be enlarged then when you feel it richen up check rpm and that would be where you could hit the nitrous button.

That sounds like a mess as far as plumbing and tuning.
1 I feel like fuel would come out way too fast
2 I also feel changing in bottle pressure would mess the tune up all the way around

It's interesting but I might have to put a bigger battery that can run a fuel pump or get used to swapping main jets... OR just leave the jets and build a motor bike.

Dave now your thinking, the china PWK carbs have a extra fuel jet in the inlet that only flows when airflow is high. It has a jet that could be enlarged then when you feel it richen up check rpm and that would be where you could hit the nitrous button.

I would need it(the nitrous) from the start to the end... Would it be able to do that? Go from a good tune up to super rich on the fly?

I cant help ya with the wet kit but am watching as I want to spray my motor too. The motor I have been building for my truck though I have set up for NOS but have not bought a kit yet. On large motors you have to retard your timing on anything over a 50HP shot of NOS. I think it is 2* for every 50 HP I don't know if it is the same for small motors but would imagine your timing should not be maxed out as if it was all motor. I would look at the dirt bike and ATV crowd to figure out how far to back off timing for how much NOS your trying to spray.

I cant help ya with the wet kit but am watching as I want to spray my motor too. The motor I have been building for my truck though I have set up for NOS but have not bought a kit yet. On large motors you have to retard your timing on anything over a 50HP shot of NOS. I think it is 2* for every 50 HP I don't know if it is the same for small motors but would imagine your timing should not be maxed out as if it was all motor. I would look at the dirt bike and ATV crowd to figure out how far to back off timing for how much NOS your trying to spray.
Oh I've already been spraying it dry with success... That's not the issue. Also you would look at timing marks on the spark plug after a nitrous pull to see if you need more or less. 2/50 is just a good rule of thumb to get you close.

I actually have a New in Box NOS kit for sale if you are looking to buy one.
Everything is brand new. Can send pics

O boy... I started looking and found a NX kit that says it will do as low as 10HP. There Mainline kit looks like it has almost every thing. If you could add a nitrous controller to it to bring it on soft it would be killer. I might have to build a NOS bike now hahaha. I would recommend widening your piston gap a little for this. Also NOS pistons for cars have lower top rings in them, something to think about if you buy a piston later.