Not a Mini Bike but something I am building.

Hi guys, are these available as a kit or are they custom made? I've never seen them before and they're super cool, even my wife would like ride one.
Thanks,
Dale

There are a few makers of the frames and the stuff is just go kart stuff.
Don and I have made our own frames but you can buy them.
Post # 5 of this thread shows two different ones you can buy just the frame.
They are made to mount regular bar stools , way up high or cut them down.
You could buy the frame and make the top part to suit you.
let me know if you want links to buy a frame.

Yes Please, on the links. I showed my wife when I got home last night and sure enough for the first time she got interested. Maybe she thinks she could actually keep up with my grandson if she was on one :laugh:
Thanks again!
Dale

Yes Please, on the links. I showed my wife when I got home last night and sure enough for the first time she got interested. Maybe she thinks she could actually keep up with my grandson if she was on one :laugh:
Thanks again!
Dale
Here is a link , sells just the frame, he's closed off and on but has good prices.
You can google it too" bar stool racer" but you will find higher prices.
Pro Barstool racer frame kits
A fun build and with that frame you can cut down a stool and make it low , use go kart parts found anywhere and make a nice ride like this.

securedownload_1_4.jpg

Oops here's the ones with cut down bar stools making them lower.
5811c7517c826886ac7959a1129d4610.jpg

The other one has the frame like the link I sent, but these show the bar seats used and the legs shortened.

I know this is a Mini Bike forum but this is kind of a 4 wheel Mini Bike.

View attachment 77989

Have to decide what engine setup before I build the top part and I am going to use a 14 1/2 " round stool cushion with the UA elephant logo on it and paint the frame crimson red. also will run the steering shaft back at an angle and use a butterfly steering wheel.
Making a paddle setup for the throttle and brake. I really can't wait to get this one done.

View attachment 77990

Cute little frame really glistens in the sun, wish there were some sun today, rained today off and didn't get much of anything done today.
Though not a Mini, I am behind you 100% on this endeavor.

CarPlayLB

I had a barstool racer that I put a 125cc pit bike motor on. Scary fast! The biggest issue I had was with the steering. With the solid rear axle (mine was 30 inches wide)it did not want to turn real well without pushing the front end out. Maybe Stang can tell us how his handles. The guys that make the frame here have a freewheeling hub that they sell to help these steer...but then you only have one wheel for brakes!

Nice project! keep the pics coming!

I had a barstool racer that I put a 125cc pit bike motor on. Scary fast! The biggest issue I had was with the steering. With the solid rear axle (mine was 30 inches wide)it did not want to turn real well without pushing the front end out. Maybe Stang can tell us how his handles. The guys that make the frame here have a freewheeling hub that they sell to help these steer...but then you only have one wheel for brakes!

Nice project! keep the pics coming!
I will tell you why a lot of builders of 4 wheel projects have trouble with them steering is because they don't understand Ackermann steering geometry. If you set these things up right they will turn on a dime. I'm sure you have seen racing go karts and how agile they are and this is just a go kart frame that is small. My Margay racing kart sure had a live axle and would take 180 degree corners like it was on rails. If it has 4 wheels and a live axle and won't turn, no offense, but whoever built it just didn't know what they were doing. If you can get the front to go were you want it to go the rear WILL follow whether live or not. The problem he was having more than likely was what we call push or understeer. There are other factors too but you have to start with good geometry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackermann_steering_geometry

It is actually less about the rear and more about the front, and weight balance. Getting it to turn is all about the amount of caster in the front, and the weight balance. There, I said it again.

Too much rear weight and a solid rear axle, no turn. Balance the weight, get the front to drop(lift) the outside tire on the turn, this lifts the opposite inside rear tire and easy turns. The caster in the front controls this, along with the rider knowing what to expect.

Sorry that I have to disagree, but if you look at a racing go kart , the engine is in the rear and the passenger is rear of center, clearly most of the weight is rear of center and yet they handle like........well like a go kart. I'll explain where I think most builders go wrong, I've seen it. If you buy ready made kart spindles they have built in camber and I have seen them welded in straight up with no caster. The kart will steer somewhat, but put a 7 degree tilt back " caster " and it will all work fine. Here's what happens, when you turn right with this system ,set up right, the right rear tire will lift up slightly and the kart will turn sharply to the right , turn left and the left rear does same. When you turn right the left tire has to turn faster than the right and all the weight shifts to the left tire, your not going to get the left tire to lift , you want the right rear tire to lift " scrub" as we say " lose traction " with a live axle of course both tires are going to turn the same rpm so turning right you want the left tire putting the power to the ground and the right tire that is trying to brake and go slower to lose traction. Think about it when you turn right the weight shifts to the left and the right tires wants to lift off the ground, take it too fast and you will roll over on your left side which is a good thing, not rolling over on your side ,but you want that right tire to lift and lose traction and the centrical force helps. I hope I helped explain this and cleared up misconceptions if not I will draw pictures. Let me know if you get it. Basic you want that left front to dip , right rear to lift and slow down, left rear to get it around that longer arc it has to travel and the kart to shoot around that right corner BINGO we have a winner.
William

Changed my mind, going to build a full on beer crate racer. I have been looking at video's of these things and like them so much. Working on adjusting frame and how I will make a cool beer crate to go around the engine. Going to put some American beer art work on the crate. May start a fad here in America.
Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 1.28.29 AM.jpg

Shifter on this guys kart, 125cc 4speed manual shift, no scrub brakes on these hydraulic . I'm building with a tec and tav. They say they do 80 kph that's about 50mph and that's what I am shooting for.
Here's one kind of like that.

dsc03099jkj0.jpg

I'm putting handlebars on mine not steering wheel.

dsc03101277l.jpg

My beer crate will encase the engine and have american beer art on it.

Beer Crate Racer

Since I decided to build a Beer Crate Racer I found you can't get those plastic beer crates like they have in Germany so I had to come up with how I was going to do this. They get together and race these with all there buddies and it looks like fun. Seems they use a 125cc motorcycle engine and they are like a shifter kart. They spend a lot of money and time building these things and I just can't see putting in thousands of dollars and sometimes a year to build.
I think it could catch on here if they where more on the line of the beer stool cost and simplicity. So I set out to design a beer crate kart that all could afford and race in a big field if you want . Turf tires and ran by a 100.00 Harbor freight 212 and tav drive.
Plenty of zip, just as much fun on a beer budget HA! So without further ado here's what I came up with.

BeerCrateRacer.jpg

The beer crate I designed made from PVC trim and Air Brush art.

BL lite Crate.jpg

Frame Design:

BeerCrateRacer-small.jpg

After looking into the PVC boards I have decided that they will not work as they would be affected by the heat too much and might even catch fire.
I am considering the concrete type siding, glueing and screwing it together making the box from that and aluminum angle. I will buy a piece and try and see how it works out. It is kind of heavy and some question of glue sticking to it, so I will see.
As a last choice I will just use wood, I know that will work, but it is my last choice. :hack: :weld:
Any thoughts anyone, has anyone experience with the cement fiber siding that you will share ?