Nova Super Sport / Deluxe Sport

Well folks I finally got my Nova home , my nephew picked it up for me a couple months ago in Columbus Georgia . Any ways Markus helped me i.d. it but here's the deal , The Super Sport came with a drum brake , fenders , and removable handlebars , the Deluxe Sport came with no fenders , scrub brake and fixed handlebars , so , This bike has everything the Super Sport had except the removable handlebars ?? Things I know , The engine is not original however it is an HS 40 and runs good , the fenders are not correct but kinda cool , kickstand and foot pegs are missing , someone made the foot pegs you see and pretty neat too as they were attached with u-bolts so the frame is spotless , no re-welds or holes at all , really straight and solid , the back tire appears original as it's a Double Indian head 5" , the front wheel is not correct and is 4" , The frame has been painted black and the seat has a separated pleat and has been painted red ( Oh Karen ) , the fork neck bushings are super tight too ! So if I'm correct these were made for only a couple years in late 60's in Gardena California so the question is how'd this mini get mix/matched forks/handlebars ?? Did they piece bikes together at the end of their production to use up parts ??? Also missing the steel chain guard , us kids just couldn't stand chain guards !

Last edited:
Well not enough to do for a project log but I'll finally be putting this little jewel together this weekend after getting my box of goodies from OldMiniBikes , anyways the old seat has split seams and was painted red and foam shot , new cover from LXM BOUTIQUE , new plywood seat pan , t-nuts , old DB foam and 2 extra layers of hi-dense carpet padding !

Well not enough to do for a project log but I'll finally be putting this little jewel together this weekend after getting my box of goodies from OldMiniBikes , anyways the old seat has split seams and was painted red and foam shot , new cover from LXM BOUTIQUE , new plywood seat pan , t-nuts , old DB foam and 2 extra layers of hi-dense carpet padding !
I have nova ss myself. I like the seat you bought. Can you update your thread? How do you like the seat? Any pictures of it installed?
Thanks!

Here she be , I put it together last weekend , the engine is on it now and tonight I'll finish my custom made look-alike Tecumseh mini bike exhaust ( I'll post pics when I finish it ) and i'm almost finished fabricating a chain/clutch guard , she'll be running by this weekend . The seat is great for the money , the seat pan is 2 pieces of 7/16 plywood laminated together cuz thats what I had , new t-nuts and I used and old DB seat foam as it was so close to the original which was shot , 2 extra layers of high density carpet padding and it's cushy !

Well this is my first attempt at making a Tecumseh mini bike exhaust for my HS40 , not a lot to work with as the flange is darn small ! I got $6.50 in it for muffler and gasket , so being the tight Dago I am , I love it , was trying to get something that looks half way correct ?

Nice exhaust Chipper! Looks good and was way cheaper that hardware store pipe!
10-4 , I used gasket for flange template and then enlarged it slightly , 3/16 plate welded 360° on inside and welded exterior to not interfere with mounting although I'm gonna need some Allen head bolts as hex head ain't quite getting it on the upper hole , lol

Well this is my first attempt at making a Tecumseh mini bike exhaust for my HS40 , not a lot to work with as the flange is darn small ! I got $6.50 in it for muffler and gasket , so being the tight Dago I am , I love it , was trying to get something that looks half way correct ?
Looks darn good chipper..:thumbsup: I like It !