***official race vids from ventura flattrack **

Edwin, those are cool videos man. Sure did like watching ya all racing around that track. I bet ya all had a lotta fun. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

george3

You dont film the practice race for the crusers? the first time I was out front. the first race I got booted for no googles, the last race with borrowed googles that were so blurry I thought I was gonna die. first run 1st place last run last place. lol

edwin

Edwin, those are cool videos man. Sure did like watching ya all racing around that track. I bet ya all had a lotta fun. :thumbsup: :biggrin:
thanks ez, glad you like them, and i will bet ya, hell yeah we had fun!

You dont film the practice race for the crusers? the first time I was out front. the first race I got booted for no googles, the last race with borrowed googles that were so blurry I thought I was gonna die. first run 1st place last run last place. lol
sorry george she missed that one trying to re-fill your coffe....lol...member...lol

george3

hay she was already in line. that was not the practice race she was in line at. that was the crusier first race. the one I got booted off.

MiniBike Paul

Thank you to everyone who helped make this possible! Rob, RPM, for all his efforts, the great guys and companies who donated and of course all the riders!

If we had written a script, the raffle could not have worked out better; The Evil one had been sort of serious kidding all week that he really wanted to win the Tiny Tach and . . . . . . . . he did!! And the big prize, the new 6.5 Clone Motor, went right down to the very end, when George drew with only 2 items left and won it!!

For me, the racing really becomes secondary to the great fun of having all these very cool guys and the variety of bikes in one place at one time! The grandstand crowd always seems to love our little hot rods!

The racing at the end got a little messed up but was still fun to watch - the whole mob went out at once, and Rob was leading in fast form until his motor died and then Jimmy got the win and no sooner took the flag and our clutch grenaded! Too bad Edwin, Rob and Jimmy couldn't have peaked at the same time, that would be a good race to see!! Then, there was a final race run by only Edwin, Dan and Frankie! All good and all fun to watch!

In the cruiser heat race, I actually lead for a while, due mostly to me jumping the start a tiny bit. However, before long, Taco Bill came by, then someone else (can't remember who) and I squeeked in third! The track conditions were really great again, I thought!

Finally, thanks to the guys who have said some nice things to me about the event, here and in PM's - I appreciate your kudos!! Rob and I set some goals when we started out to do this and achieved more than we expected!

Like everything, these races have a serious money component - that is, the tracks exist to make a profit and that is made difficult by the insurance issue! To make any money, tracks need about $40 - $60 per participant. While this sounds high, track operators face shrinking revenue at the front gate and must subsidize it at the back gate - a fairly recent situation! In the old days the spectators financed the show and racers got a cheap entry! At Ventura, it was interesting to note that the participant count was way up, but the grandstand crowd was good, but not packed like it was a few years ago. The spending public has more and more entertainment options and the track must somehow compete! Meanwhile, most tracks are owned and/or operated by hardcore racers whose agenda is more in line with the participants then the spectators, while they struggle to get the stands full! So, while you can beat on them for lower entry fees and make a deal, if it is to be a regular event, they must be allowed to make profit! Thus, sponsers like TheHomeMag and RPM's Theraputic Home Health Care bring a lot to the ability to have these events. Any SoCal business owner/minibike enthusiast who would like to get involved with us would be warmly welcomed - call me!!

Again, thanks to everyone involved!

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Looking at the video, especially the first one the speeds look way faster. The track look dry and better to hook up then a while ago when it was slippery.:thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
I had a great time, even though I had the slowest bike in the field! And, winning the the AGK clone header and the AGK air cleaner for the same engine were really sweet! It was nice running with all of you again, and I look forward to next season.

Thanks for posting. I wanted to watch on the streaming vid but I could not get it up. Looked like a great time. Great win Edwin and Dan ya looked good chasing him, You too Franky

vette66_00

Marv, For some reason the streaming video was down.. Was a pitty I waited for an hour to see if it would come on but it did not. :confused: Track did look a ton better from the first time. I mean I'm not an expert on tracks (only 6 years of racing on them) but it looked way different on the videos in comparison.

hey edwin great video. i had a good time. on the final race my engine went south. thanks to paul and all involved with event and prizes. cant wait till next year. tb:thumbsup:

That looks like a lot of fun. I wish there was something like this near Oklahoma City, Ok. The speedway at the fairgrounds closed this year....

It this an open class or are there rules for the motors, etc?