OHV Conversion For 5hp Briggs FH

Does anybody know where you can get the OHV conversion kits for the 5hp Briggs flatheads? I have been looking around but haven't found anywhere to buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old-timer

Scamming Member
Wow..... I didn't even know this could be done :shrug:

Clay, if you decide to build one you will def have to do a build thread on it ! This really peaks my interest :thumbsup:

Vic

Clayon:

I would not go and bother Mike for that.
Your in way over your head trying to build and pay for that engine.

I respectfully suggest you turn your attention to the brigs 305 or a Honda big block.
The 305 is a better choice for you, rape an old snow blower for the engine and build something around that block with an eye on cost.

I understand what you mean NOS, and I think you are right, I would just like to get an idea of what it would take to build one. If I go through with it, it would be a long term project. I am not looking so much for performance, but for something unique. I'd like to look into it some more and do my homework on it, even if it doesn't happen for a few years. I am the kind that needs something to set my sights on to keep going.

I've seen a fairly stock Flatty with the OHV conversion. I want to build something like that. I have one that has a billet flywheel, billet con. rod, and a Tillotson carb.

Nothing different for oiling as far as I can see. Just push rods after the lifters instead of just the valves.

I'd never seen or herd of an OHV conversion for a FH briggs. I hope you do it Clayon, as I would love to watch this build. You definitely have my attention!:eek:hmy: :thumbsup:

Matt