old-timers build off entry- Vintage class

old-timer

Scamming Member
This is a 68 Cyclops L-400 frame+forks. This build is actually going to be kind of a vintage mod. I'm going to try and keep it as period correct as possible, but I have to work with what I can get :shrug:

Here's what I have to start with. I will be placing another parts order asap to OldMiniBikes for some of the parts I'm still needing. Moneys tight, so I'll be doing this a little at a time.

I have a decent vintage 3hp Tec motor that I have to rebuild the carb and clean up that will be going on this one.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Here's the motor I'm going to use on it. I plan to go through it, rebuild the carb, paint it up, and install period correct decals on it.

Still haven't decided what I'm going to do for fenders yet:shrug:

Vic

old-timer

Scamming Member
Nice to see you in on this OT Vic. Lots of fenders on ebay, but they seldom list the width of the darn things. I like that candy red. :thumbsup:
Thanks Dave,
I'll have to figure out a way to mount them, as the mount tabs have been cut off and smoothed over. I don't have a welder to mount new ones :shrug:

Vic

I'll have to figure out a way to mount them, as the mount tabs have been cut off and smoothed over. I don't have a welder to mount new ones :shrug:
Thats a good lookin frame Vic :thumbsup: I wouldnt bother with fenders, if you weld on that powder coat you will f-it up :doah:

Cant enlarge your motor pic but it looks like a sno-blower motor, if it isnt an adjustable bowl carb I wouldnt rebuild it I would get a different carb :thumbsup: The Restore Kid usually has good used ones :thumbsup:

old-timer

Scamming Member
Thats a good lookin frame Vic :thumbsup: I wouldnt bother with fenders, if you weld on that powder coat you will f-it up :doah:

Cant enlarge your motor pic but it looks like a sno-blower motor, if it isnt an adjustable bowl carb I wouldnt rebuild it I would get a different carb :thumbsup: The Restore Kid usually has good used ones :thumbsup:
I think it prob was a snow blower motor, but it was as close as I could get lol. I picked it up off ebay . I should have it in another day or two. I don't know a whole lot about the Tec motors. Are the diaphragm carbs junk?

Vic

old-timer

Scamming Member
Well I wasn't able to really get anything done on my build today, as the wife had pre surgery appointments today. I did get my motor this afternoon and managed to go to Ace Hardware to pick up nuts+bolts I needed.

The motor looks pretty clean and I'm hoping it wont take much to get it running.
Still not sure what to do about the carb. The seller said it's been sitting for a few years, so I'm guessing it will need a kit.

The new diaphragm kit sells for about 12 bucks, so I thought I'd try that before deciding whether to go for a different carb set up. I hope to spend some time out in the shop tomorrow. Time is kind of limited for me, as taking care of my wife Jennie takes most of my time right now. But at least I'm really having fun, and it helps get my mind off of everything that has happened the last few months :thumbsup:

Vic

old-timer

Scamming Member
Well I was able to get a couple hrs in tonight and got my motor sanded down, primed and painted. Waiting on a couple small parts to get it finished up and then it's back to figuring out the Azusa drum brake set up and how I'm going to make it work on this bike :shrug:

I'll take some pics tomorrow on what I have so far.

Vic