Open Class: Clayon's DB30 Redo....again

My second project this year is my 2007 Baja Doodlebug. I was my first minibike, and has been my rider ever since. It was so abused and after seeing some of the really nice 'bugs on here I thought mine deserved a revival.

Here it is.....

Happy building everybody. :thumbsup:

I am going to watch this to see how many of my secrets you steal... :hammer:

I love the DB30 as there is no collector status so you can do whatever you want to them and not regret it.

That's exactly why I like them. The main thing that I wanted to do was lower the fenders becasue the big uneven gaps between the fender and tires started bothering me. Other then that it is just getting a modded 5hp Briggs, some new tires, a repaint, new seat, and I'm not sure if I will put a wheelie bar on this one because I am supposed to be trading for another DB30 locally if the other guy ever gets around to it.

Ya for sure. I just have to run a 2nd coil somehow and I will probably use a primer bulb with a check vavle in line to ad the gas. :shrug:

Valocalrep

Just use a mini nos tank, I had a bike about 7 years ago that we rigged up to use crappy hair spray with and it shot fire out the ends. Just used some extra tube and a Grill starter off a busted grill

That's a good idea Valocalrep, thanks. :thumbsup:

Anyway, round 2 begins....ding! ding!

I got all the welding and grinding done to lower the fenders down, and I have to say that it looks 100% better then before. I also filled in some of the holes in the motor mount plate since I will be using a hotrodminibikes motor swap kit from OldMiniBikes. But I forgot to snap some when I had the fenders and wheels mocked up. :doah:

At first I wasn't to repaint the copper 5hp FH Briggs for it but now I am. I will use some VHT copper metallic engine enamel like I did on this 2.5hp.

I just got my check from work, and a guy is coming sunday morning to pick up a garden tractor I am selling, OldMiniBikes Warehouse will gain $500 monday. Those billet parts are killing me, they make my wallet hurt. :doah:

No progress, yet but tomorrow I will be getting paint and setting up my paint booth thingy so there will be some action shortly. :thumbsup: I never got a thing done today since I hit the ditch on the way home from school and got stuck, atleast I wasn't going fast and it took next to no effort for my neighbor to pull me out. I went to work and it took me a hour of messing around to heat up the tractor's block so I could start it in the cold since the setup at work is beyond stupid, and then I got stuck with the tractor I use to blow snow, some cranky old guy beaked at me because I didn't blow his road out before the main roads :eek:ut: and then my pistons, rings, and head gaskets never came in for my lawn aerators like they were supposed to. :doah: I didn't want to risk something going wrong for me in the shop. :no:

But.....I got a $100 gift card to princess auto for christmas and I decided to buy a new 6.5hp clone. I'm either going to put it in my Keystone or this bike. What do you guys think?

:shrug:

It's a '73 Keystone Deluxe. I put the astro rims on it, and it came with bigger almost ape hanger handle bars that I want to put back on. :thumbsup:

I'm looking into getting a cheap little sand blaster from Princess Auto instead of another 6.5hp clone motor. The sand blaster would save me alot of time and money in the future.

old-timer

Scamming Member
I bought the cabinet type blaster from Tractor Supply and it works great and doesn't make a mess. 2 problems with it though. Can't fit anything to big in it, but it's great for motors and smaller parts.

Second problem is that my little 2hp compressor wont keep up lol. So I have to blast in small blips. Good setup however for what I wanted it for.

Love that bike!! If you ever get tired of it I'd give it a great home :shrug:

Vic

I was talking about the portable blaster, not the cabinet. The only reason I wanna get one of those is so I can do frames. :thumbsup: