Perfomance built Hemi Predator project

That'll save the arm "G"!! :thumbsup: Nothing worse than having the handle ripped from your grip!!
yep.. just tested it out after charging the battery... happy with the buy.. actually when i was there i noticed a nice wooden bench with shelving in the guys garage, him (my age) and his father... they had a motor/predator sitting that they couldnt get started.. had it fired up for him in 2 minutes.. checked compression, pulled sparkplug, which was fouled.. however noticed that the gap was way too small.. basically no gap... changed that to around 045 and it fired right up, even with very low gas.. they were happy, still gave them the asking price for the starter and they gave me a great deal on building me a wood bench for my garage.. been wanting one for a while and too tired to build it.. will help with my projects... we all won today.. made my day and gonna pay them what its worth to help me with that table, their price was way too low.. idda felt bad...

trying to get the venting and fuel lines sorted out... some of the fittings were wrong, waiting on the hose (came from different warehouse) and correct fittings to show up (which was my fault not summits)

the side cover only had 1/8" threaded holes in it and they are very close together... SMH! wish they were bigger... didnt want to re drill and tap the cover (which i would have done and still may, if i dont like it in the end)... going to run a line from that to the head... then two lines from the head to the catch can... should be enough venting i hope...

Looking good Gerald, that motor is going to be bad asss . Those fomoto valves are the same that I use on my Ford F-250 6.0 PS diesel for block drains for coolant. They work very well and the way they click shut , no chance of them opening up .

Looking good Gerald, that motor is going to be bad asss . Those fomoto valves are the same that I use on my Ford F-250 6.0 PS diesel for block drains for coolant. They work very well and the way they click shut , no chance of them opening up .
thanks... thanks for the feedback on the plug...

where did you find the windage trsy? i heard they were discontinued i want one so bad! very nice build! love the rockers
thanks, I actually ordered a ton of stuff from raceseng a while ago, before i knew they were going to stop making parts... and have a ton o stuff sitting... had two windage trays, actually gave one away recently... i got a special side cover from them too... couldnt find it anywhere... i had been talking to them for a while and made several orders... they did me a favor and finished the personal prototype they had for my build... i love their products, wish they would have continued making them and R&D... from the convo i had with them, there just wasnt enough market for them to justify the machine time, vs using the same time on the machines to make car parts... i could prob program and laser cut a version of the tray, but dont want to waste my time... and not interested in making or not making money from it...

Boy I wish I could tig weld like that. That is a cool looking piece.
you do great work too! i cant tig weld at all, i need to buy one... looking at the miller diversion 180

You can from what I've seen .
agreed!

Now were talking, long rod, big bore, high RPM. methanol? no problem!! or? So what is the plan for the black block?
methanol with an additive and as far as the black block, i will do a nice thread on that soon... here is a sneak peak on the head for it... my friend JD Ayers from SI Valves has been very helpful in that project... weeding through all the initial headaches i went thru with the build (and dealing with other people), I even thought the block was welded by a certain person (who i paid to do it), who initially took credit, but it wasnt anyhow...

a lot of initial work done by SWI Airflow services who did a great job, welding the head back up, changing spark plug location and angle, etc... and final work done by JD, including makin me TI valves, TI retainers, etc, etc

Cool story , JD is a great guy I met him and his wife when I to MBP's funday . JD's wife is from Bristol Tn and a real nice lady . They are good people . I can't wait to hear one one these motors run .