Picked this Early Caper Cycle roller.

I think it may be a 1959. It's earlier since it has the flat top frame. Pegs are wrong, easy fix. Jack shaft mount on one side is gone, easy fix. Everything else is straight. Wheels and sprocket are original. Original brake works. Rare bike to find and I'm happy to come across it. :smile::smile::smile: Don't know what I'm gonna do with it just yet but will make a decision soon....

Last edited:
Oh yea....no pitting from what I can see. Just an even layer of rust that should blast off easily. Some of it is showing shiny steel through rust already.

I was thinking that. I'm surprised it didn't go higher, more like a Flexo. Can't believe it didn't even sell for that. I wouldn't sell one of mine for that.

I was thinking that. I'm surprised it didn't go higher, more like a Flexo. Can't believe it didn't even sell for that. I wouldn't sell one of mine for that.
Thank you for your input on the price. I was hoping it would sell but still glad it's in my garage. I would really like to see someone restore it correctly. I don't know if I'd ever get to it with so many other projects ahead of it.

That is an early one.:thumbsup:

Mine is like yours with ser# 124X I assumed it was around 1961. Did anyone figure out how to age them from ser#? :confused:

I got mine from a lady who called a Taco or something.:laugh: luckily it had the red paint and no rust. I plan to hang it on the wall in the game room. :sailor: