Please post pics of your drag mini

125ccCrazy

Here's mine,, it's down right neck snapping scary.

That would look cool with a Douglas polished alum wheel on the back with a 205/50-10 tire and then a 5 star or solid alum drag wheel on the front, some lower handles bars (drag bars)......

Engine is a Clinton,about 1 1/2 hp

I think it is a old Clinton,though it is possible that it could also be a Pincor as they also had the intake and exhaust on opposite sides of the engine. They only made about 1 1/2 hp @ 3600 rpm

I think it is a old Clinton,though it is possible that it could also be a Pincor as they also had the intake and exhaust on opposite sides of the engine. They only made about 1 1/2 hp @ 3600 rpm
The engine is a Clinton with a whopping 1.6HP (down right scary)

The guy said he'd throw the engine in if I bought the bike for $40. :doah:

The Boonie looks way better without fenders and an 8HP briggs fits easy but I'm not sure if my 11HP fits. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, maybe stocker or maybe hot rod.

Last edited:
the Clinton

That engine might be worth a few bucks to a collector on Egay. I myself like watching the antiques run. The trouble is when I was a kid,those old cast iron block briggs,clintons,kohlers,pincors and Lausons were all we had to work with. I could not wait for my dad to scrap out his new Sears reel lawn mower that had an honest to goodness aluminum block 3 hp Tecumseh on it. I actually put that engine on a Rupp Dart Kart my dad bought me.

That engine might be worth a few bucks to a collector on Egay. I myself like watching the antiques run. The trouble is when I was a kid,those old cast iron block briggs,clintons,kohlers,pincors and Lausons were all we had to work with. I could not wait for my dad to scrap out his new Sears reel lawn mower that had an honest to goodness aluminum block 3 hp Tecumseh on it. I actually put that engine on a Rupp Dart Kart my dad bought me.
My boy wants to make a retro mini-mini and use that engine so we are going to gear the hell out of it. The engine runs but has some end play so it will be a project by itself. It's got a belt drive lever thingy on it too.

Since you asked for drag or custom, here's one. Not a drag, but sure enough custom. I started with a ratty, rusty bare Bird frame hacked into by a mini molester. I invested about 100 hours of labor and less than $300. Only downside is it's powered by a POS flathead only capable of 5---10 mph.:wink:

mcbob

I don't get the feelin that 1 1/2 HP would snap anything really except the elastic holding my jock srap up and those candy bikes well they too.

Mc Bob.