Powell Bro Serial Numbers List

james c

well while talking about needing stuff, ANYONE GOT A REAR WHEEL!!
i dont mean to shout but i need a wheel as ive got broke teeth too!

james c

your guy who sold you the powell phanton wont call either, ive bought two trikes since then, he is overpriced a littel bit but still like that one

james c

lets not get crazy now,
think minibikes....minibikes.......minibikes....breathe......and more minibikes!!!!
id like to see if we can get together, minibike paul is up i think, he is in camarillo im in canyon country your in la mirada. lets go!

george3

the easiest way to fix your prob. is get a sprocket that is taller than the Powell sprocket turn the center out on a lathe. slide it over the OEM sprocket and use min. 4 bolts, you will have to cut some u shape holes in the new sprocket. It will make it lower geared witch you don't need but it will work. option #2 find an aluminum sprocket the same size as the Powell turn it on a lathe. turn the Powell sprocket teeth off, then weld the new one on. That will work.

james c

thanks george, i dont have a lathe so ill have to rely on someone else to do it for me.
im a sewer contractor goin broke! no new construction

George is right, you can retro fit the wheel with a new sprocket.
I think Mac had some wheels he picked up last year at a swap meet like that.
But I think he sold them

george3

Bayarea has been a big help. and thanks, don't have that clutch might have to build it out of a 30 series unless somebody has the correct one. either one will work. The bearings in the drive are standard HS wheel bearings. 5/8. x 1 3/8. the sprocket might be a prob. has to be large enough to fit on the outside of the tube.