Pred 212 gas tank swap

Ive got a used round gas tank on the way, I dont think i need a fuel pump as long as the tank is mounted above the carb for a gravity fed fuel system, right? What would the advantage of running a fuel pump? more options to mount the tank? I have read that people just plug up the breather on the valve cover... With what? some sort of rubber plug? or can I just run a little breather filter off the remaining hose? Is an 1/8 outlet on the tank going to provide enough fuel or does it need to be 1/4 inch?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this info has been discussed before.

CarPlayLB

you don't need a fuel pump as long as the tank is above the level of the carb. Don't plug your breather, you need it. Fuel pumps are used a lot in karts where the tanks are forward mounted or low on the frame.
You have not really given enough information to have us help you. Stock Predator or mods? Sounds to me like you are stock. If so, you don't need a fuel pump. Mount your tank higher! Most older tanks have a 1/8 NPT fitting on them, which does not mean 1/8" hose. the Predators take a smaller fuel line so you will need to accommodate for that. You can probably get a 1/8 NPT fitting that has the correct barbed fitting for your fuel line

yes stock predator engine, im not sure of the style or size of the outlet on the tank im getting (i will know tomorrow). does the predator have a 1/8 ID gas line to the carb? ill prolly be able to understand/find the right fittings once i get the tank in my hands and pull off the old one.