Proof that I am King................

MikeBear

I betcha that black seat cover lifts up, and there's a hole in the center with a little white porcelain pot that slides in from the bottom! :001_tt2: :devil2:

Thanks for the compliments guys! Grant the only carving I did was the hounds and the knotwork on top! The rest of the embelishments you can buy at hardware stores- rope moulding/finials/dentil moulding. I think material cost about $150.00. No expensive hardwoods just doug fir 4x4 posts and pine boards! The front legs I glued(laminated) five 3/4" boards together then cut out the curved part under the arm rests with a band saw. Did mortise and tenon joints on the frame. The worst part had to be routering the legs:censure: The uphoulstery was done by someone else. The throne was in his shop in the front window for about a week while they did the button tuck/ said he had people stopping in off the street wanting to take pictures!:laugh:

Heres a pict of the pub I built in a room that was attached to my workshop/garage! This is where the throne was originally built for but we moved to a much better neighborhood!! Nice and quiet now!!:thumbsup: But no pub!!:crying:

Well Harleys papa you really cant beat that compliment!! Thank you Sir!! I have Scottish in my ancestry and my wife has Irish! But even if we didnt I would still love celtic art!! The tree of life I made for my daughters first birthday and hangs in her bedroom! When she was learning to talk she would see it and point and simply say "pretty" We wrote some special messages on the back for her and then I sealed it with polyurethane!

Last edited:
Finally finished the foot rest!! I repurposed some oak clawed feet from an intertainment center that went through three garage sales and wouldnt sell... guess just because everyone hangs their TV's on the wall now :shrug: Anyways it finally fell over in the wind and all the seams came loose sooooo...here they are now :laugh: