Quick Baja warrior seat recover

joekd

I was shopping with the wife at the local fabric store and found this outdoor fabric was 50% off so I decided to buy a yard and have some fun

Took my spare warrior seat which I had already removed the ripped OEM cover off of, grabbed the spray adhesive, filled in the holes down the center from where the "buttons" sat, added a layer of carpet foam to make it a little more comfy and then gave it a quick recover job. Total time start to finish was under an hour.

May not be the best but I have plenty of fabric left and really like this diamond pattern so I will make sure the next one looks "professional"

joekd

To be honest I forgot all about the tank :laugh:

If you are positive you wont be using it then it might be a good addition to my growing project list

joekd

Was out in the garage looking at this again today, definitely recovering my other seat using this same material

It feels really good to sit on and the layer of carpet padding gives it just enough extra comfort

joekd

What did you wrap your header with?
Spark plug wire sleeves, I tried a couple different things and either hated it or metled it then I tried these and they work great

Was going to add a third but figured why bother, as it is now it offers the protection I need for no more burned leg

joekd

Current tank is an XR80 reproduction, was easy to install, holds a gallon of fuel and doesnt get in the way when riding the rough stuff

The CF top was free, buddy found it in a box of old stuff from his kid's bike