Ride Video or Run Video ?

So does everyone have to have a video at the end of there build ? If so does it have to be just a run video of the engine running ? Or a ride video ?:scooter:

That it does Tom...I just wanted to know. Last year I thought we were suppose to do a ride video, but some got by with a simple run video....and not that I care .:no: Just trying to clarify the rules.:deal:

Rules seem cut and dried.

6. Finished bike must be a runner! A photo or video of you riding or a video of it running will be required at the end of the Build-Off.

I'm glad you asked, because I assumed it was a video only. Now all I have to do is practice balancing the bike long enough for her to snap a photo. :thumbsup:

Hey Dave,

This is possibly spitting hairs. Do I have to be the one in the video as the builder riding in the video or can it be anyone. I let a younger man with much better reflexes than me ride the bike for the video since my skills aren't so good anymore. I always let him take the first few rides on all my restored bikes in case anything happens. I wonder if I have to post one of me and me alone on it. Am I being too technical???

Doc

Last edited:
Well I had a reply to Doc in a friendly sort of manner, but Cheezy posted. So now I am confused, since the rules say a video of it running is okay, or a photo or video of the entrant riding it is okay.

Last edited:
And for the people who haven't posted in well over a month or have little if any progress....we will be cleaning up this weekend and removing dead threads.:hammer:

Well I had a reply to Doc in a friendly sort of manner, but Cheezy posted. So now I am confused, since the rules say a video of it running is okay, or a photo or video of the entrant riding it is okay.
I just posted the final ruling...if you have a problem with that or want to add to the confusion...PM me.

I completely understand Dave,

Both my girls are pretty much gone now and the house is one giant tomb. I dearly miss them and just hate the solitude without them. The young man you saw was one of three different "kids" I have that came out of 3 separate horrible homes. I pretty much raised the three from 16 years old and all three are 34 years old now. I am immenseley proud of all three plus my two. I figured if the parents didn't want them, I'll sure as hell take them. My house is theirs now and they all call me Dad. These kids have been the greatest ride of my life and they always take care of me and make sure I'm OK. Without them, Windber wouldn't be possible for me.

Doc

These kids have been the greatest ride of my life and they always take care of me and make sure I'm OK. Without them, Windber wouldn't be possible for me. Doc
Outstanding! It's just my wife and I now, and that empty nester thing is no joke. I'm glad you saw my post before I edited it. This speaks volumes to me about your character.

I just posted the final ruling...if you have a problem with that or want to add to the confusion...PM me.
No problems and no questions Bill. Thank you for clarifying, and thanks for your and Pat's work in this. And thanks to OND for asking in the first place.

No Eric..it is good you and Dave pointed that out....it was suppose to be changed before and wasn't. We dropped the ball on that one and apologize for any confusion. I have changed it to hopefully be more clear. Like most participating..we all want a level playing field.

What is the deal now ??? It has been brought to my ATTN that even though you post a video riding the bike you need to say you are finished ?? Lol...well I guess I dropped the ball on that one ... :)