Scored DB #4

2SlickNick

Scored this older DB,which makes #4 for me, for only $10 and a 1.5 hour drive each way.
I have most everything needed to make this bike running. I haven't decided if I want to fabricate a suspension for this one, make a chopper, stretch it, or flip it. When I do decide I will start a build thread.
IMG_5715[1].JPG

It's funny it's in that bad of shape and still has the original engine! No offense Nick....I would have bought it for $10!! :thumbsup:

2SlickNick

It's funny it's in that bad of shape and still has the original engine! No offense Nick....I would have bought it for $10!! :thumbsup:
The funny thing is....I don't think that engine is the original. The engine plate has 2 different slots. It has a factory 3.25 wide spacing and a crappy drilled smaller mount holes for the 97cc engine.

Did these old DB's come with bigger engines? The factory slots fit my 5hp briggs.

2SlickNick

Great catch for 10.00 ! You can't even make the fork for that much.. :thumbsup:
Thanks BB.
I do want forks with suspension, any suggestions? I can do some decent welding. I was considering taking front forks with shocks off my mountain bike and fab something up. Don't you also customize stickers? If that is you I am thinking of then... "great work"

buckeye

You the DB whisperer...

See chippers build off bike?
I think he used a Yamaha pw80 front end on his.
Ask him. It is fine as frog hair.

I saw chippers it is awesome!

I decided to just sell it and make a few bucks. Mini Bike
I'll be going pretty close by you this coming weekend on my way to Pittsburgh to visit the family. We normally take 470 around downtown and I see your south of there. I'm going to send you a PM, maybe work out a deal.

2SlickNick

You sell out , lol !! Sell it in pieces , worth a lot more !
Honestly, I have had it up for sale for 1 week.... Only a handful of inquires. I am truly considering not selling again.... I think I have a problem! I want to chop it and make it the base for a drift trike, since my other trike conversion has been doing well.