Anything Goes! Scratch built Harrison

I was messing around with the jack shaft setup today, and over the weekend I spent time on the rear wheel and chain.

I was able to get the rear wheel lined up and centered between the frame. I spent more time than I'd like to admit on that one. Spacers for the sprocket to rim, and the spacers for the axle.

Once I got everything lined up with the jack shaft I cut some key stock for the driven and sprocket.

I finally started working on the TAV cover. I'm going with the traditional Harrison style, but adapting it to my setup. 20190327_210000.jpg
 
When I put the engine in the bike, the tank filler wasn't centered in the frame. Just didn't look right. So I relocated the mounting holes over 1" to get it where it needs to be.
20190414_151738.jpg
Added a strip of steel, filled in the old holes with weld, and drilled new holes.
20190414_152936.jpg 20190414_162323.jpg
 
I Had to do that on one of my Ruttmans... You know what else works is a tank bracket from a 3hp ( the version with the gas tank mounted behind the engine) you flip it around and it lines up pretty good you just need to drill the center hole..


Great Job!!
 

Top