SFVISBF mini moto 2009 race #1

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
holy shit! that was awsome. if you missed it then you missed what i hope was the most brutal race of the season. the carnage wass heavy and only about half of the people who showed up finished. it was crazy:thumbsup:
I figured as much.
They like to have the events setup for distruction. Not really my thing, but I do like runs they have.

Mac

Well, I missed the race due to an annual three day swapmeet in San Diego that I attended.
I didn't sell much, but I did purchase:
A $10 "Cat 250X" frame with a rearward bend in the forks, with kickstand, & killswitch plate.
A nice $20 "Nova" rolling frame with steel rims & chrome hubs.
A $30 Sears "Roper" roller with coffin tank, rubberized seat(Already sold for $70).
A $10 Bonanza fork with stuck suspension and heavy rust on lower legs.
A $5 new Comet 3/4" clutch.
A $5 nice used Max-Torque clutch.
A $5 Horstman clutch(cheapie minibike style).
A $1 rusty, but decent Max-Torque clutch.
A $4 set of Cat rims rusted at valve stem holes, but possibly good hubcap stars.
A $5 Cat 6" front wheel.
A $25 set of rear 10" Cat wheels.
A $10 set of one-piece steel 6" (cheapie gokart) wheels.
A $35 early 1960's one wheel drive gokart with a running 2hp briggs on it.
A $1 original Powell spark arrestor.
A $10 pair of early Tecumseh engines(2 or 3hp).
A $10 gokart seatbucket(Fox?).

I can't wait to do it all again next year.
(Somebody there picked up a real nice 1967 Taco 22 for $200.00, I had no room for it)

holy shit! that was awsome. if you missed it then you missed what i hope was the most brutal race of the season. the carnage wass heavy and only about half of the people who showed up finished. it was crazy:thumbsup:
Yeah, that track was Brutal !!!!!!!!! I was beating my good friend TOMSPROPS for 11 laps until that one big rut on the backside of the track caught my 6 inch Bonanza wheel and took me into another rut that crossed the rut I was in. Yeah, I flew over the handlebars and my shoulder hit a rut.
I got back up and tried to start my 5hp Briggs powered Bonanza. My baby was flooded out would not start back up. Damn I hate when that happens!
I pushed the bike to the start/finish line and watched the finish of the race.
My shoulder was killing me. The bike started back up and I drove it back to my van and loaded it up myself. I was telling my friends daughter what had happened when she noticed my left coller bone was sticking way up in my shirt. Upon further examination,I decided to go to the hospital.
After 7 hours at the County Hospital, I tore my AC joint, 3rd stage.
That means the coller bone is not attached to the shoulder blade anymore.
I have to start therapy,and wear a sling. If the therapy doesn't work, I might need an operation.
This whole story is true except the part where I said I was beating TOMSPROPS,6 inch wheels in dirt just can't compete with 10 inch wheels.
I'LL BE BACK TOMMY! :thefinger: WHEN THIS 53 YEAR OLD BODY HEALS UP !

Last edited: