Snowco

Nice little kid thing you have there!:thumbsup:
Now all you need is one of Jeff Clark's cast headers for that little Tecumseh. It will look like its going fast just sitting still!

had little extra time this weekend,so i pulled out my mini snowco and work on the clutch and brake set. the original setup that came on the bike was just trash out. they had the sprocket on the jack shaft up agains the drum brake...:doah: cut all the old out and refab the drum brake and new jackshaft sprocket away from each other. also got it running and gave it a little test drive with my feet/legs hanging way out....:laugh: this thing is small and really is made for a small kid. even with me on it the trike pulled real good. i may have to look for a larger sprocket like the original one,so i can help keep the speed down. trike is going way to fast for my son to start to learn how to ride it next summer maybe....:thumbsup:
Is it forsale yet? :deal: ?

delray

70sVintageTrikes,not yet.......:laugh:
i had it running today, probable been 15-20 years from the last time this thing move.
ran the radar gun on it and top it out at 20mph. i really need to gear it down some and maybe make the governor take over at a lower rpm. just way to fast for my kid to ride on...:doah:
the band brake works good after i got it setup correct. i can lock up the rear wheel if i want too........:thumbsup:

i had it running today, probable been 15-20 years from the last time this thing move.
ran the radar gun on it and top it out at 20mph. i really need to gear it down some and maybe make the governor take over at a lower rpm. just way to fast for my kid to ride on...:doah:
the band brake works good after i got it setup correct. i can lock up the rear wheel if i want too........:thumbsup:
Hope I still got first "Dibs"...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
slow the kids down

Hello Delray: I had the same issue with the mini dune buggy I built I made a bolt on primary jack shaft between the clutch and the rear wheel and that worked real good. my engine was a 3 Hp Tecumseh and the base plate was slide adjustable to keep the first chain properly fit. I don't have any pictures of the set up and the Kart is in Washington making some boy's happy.

Steve :scooter:

delray

steve i got it to slow down to 14mph with a radar gun and even that seams little to fast......:no: at 14mph the trike still wants to two wheel on me if i try to turn it real fast and other thing i found out real quick was to keep good amount of air in the rear tires so the trike just slides out and not trys to flip when turning hard.....:thumbsup: wife wound kill me if the trike flip the first time he use it........:doah:

steve i got it to slow down to 14mph with a radar gun and even that seams little to fast......:no: at 14mph the trike still wants to two wheel on me if i try to turn it real fast and other thing i found out real quick was to keep good amount of air in the rear tires so the trike just slides out and not trys to flip when turning hard.....:thumbsup: wife wound kill me if the trike flip the first time he use it........:doah:
Dont ruin it! I might own it some day..... I think my hopes are up!

nice brian.i enjoy watchin' my boy riding them more than riding myself.
you got a nice place to ride.how old is he ?

you should get him some googles.

Just thrills a man to see his kids or grandkids get that first ride and what a perfect size for him. And a wonderful place to ride, I am very happy it worked out.

My mini Dune buggy will be retrieved from the second bunch of kids and I have some new riders that are my Brothers grandchildren and I hope to fill in the gap since he past away and never got to see any of them.

delray

yoop and guys, son is 6 1/2 and going in first grade next week.
i wasn't really sure about him riding it this summer at first. but like i sad before he has been bugging me about riding it and he has been riding with me double for the last 3+yrs. so he does have a good ideal how everything works and the the big thing too, i wasn't pushing him to get on it.
road the the bike on saturday for the first time and sunday morning when he got up. the first thing he said was,kind i ride the bike again.......:thumbsup:

Man, thanks for posting that video. Your son handles it very well, and looks like he's comfortable on it. Give him a few weeks, and he'll be power sliding it around those corners. :thumbsup:

Great video. Made my day.

delray

for a throttle setup i just modified a stationary unit. it looks and works just like the second design minibike throttle unit does. just couple small things you have to change,but still works the same. one big thing i like about this design is you can control the speed/governor. for anybody that is still using a tecumseh engine. this is really the way to go for kids just learning to ride...:scooter:

second design minibike throttle unit

You bet throttle hook-up always was a hard one for the Tecumseh engines. On the mini dune buggy I made a adjustable jack shaft to control the top end and went to a Radio Control kill button that worked great. I have had as many as 12 kids from 4 to 13 first time riders in one day at one of out BTW Trike-in's and never any accidents just unhappy kids when I didn't bring it the next year. Delray you need to teach your son how to run slow in a parade formation like Windber.