some powell progress

Only colors I ever saw were the red for the early machines and the blue in the later models. I never cared because blue is my favorite color. Keep your eye's on the ball and they will get done. Best of luck to you James
Steve :scooter:

Darrel Sparks sent me this picture.
Its of his grandfather on there BRAND new Powell.

James your BLUE Powell appears to be of the E or above varity... That would have been RED from the factory. But looks cool in blue.

Last edited:
whats with the early seat on the blue bike?
Thats not an early style seat..
Here is a picture of the original seat that came on my Powell 6879-L that was built on 08-11-71 Notice the Phantom style brake. (HaHa I just relised this was built a day before my birthday..)
James you may want to consider switching seats from the Blue bike to the Green one.

james c

Thats not an early style seat..
Here is a picture of the original seat that came on my Powell 6879-L that was built on 08-11-71 Notice the Phantom style brake. (HaHa I just relised this was built a day before my birthday..)
James you may want to consider switching seats from the Blue bike to the Green one.

thats one of the cool things about the powells, easy parts switch, that seat pan came from another bike i have. ill be doing all my seats and getting them upolstered soon any pics of the correct clutch cover for the h model?
the blue is a f model

James
If I understand you correctly the Green Powell is an H?
If so then it would have had a Phantom style clutch cover.
But my records show your 5964-H to be a rear shifter model that would have had a 4 bolt plastic cover as would your model F

Last edited:

james c

James
If I understand you correctly the Green Powell is an H?
If so then it would have had a Phantom style clutch cover.
But my records show your 5964-H to be a rear shifter model that would have had a 4 bolt plastic cover as would your model F
the green one is serial 6055-h

i have a few powells that i have not posted the serials yet and this one i bought last friday, it has the hs 40 tec in white and break away throttle but no exhaust or side cover

james c

6055-H would have had this style clutch cover.

is that clutch cover different than the phantom covers? are there any pics of one somewhere on the site showing the whole cover? i think they are taller than the phantom covers and i cant tell if they have the round bubble over the driven unit.

james c

How bout some progress on the mac 101!
the engine is all done and waiting for me to go and pay and pick up.
the dunecycle frame is in the restoration planning stage although i believe i have all the parts needed to build it. its ready to be stripped and modified for hydraulic brakes, i still need a right hand hydraulic master cylinder, thats it for the brakes, ive got new peerless transaxle, new rotors, new calipers will need the right size bearing hangers as ill be using a larger axle. i even have the chrome hubcaps and springer front end.

george3

is that clutch cover different than the phantom covers? are there any pics of one somewhere on the site showing the whole cover? i think they are taller than the phantom covers and i cant tell if they have the round bubble over the driven unit.
You know that the H and the J and the L are the same cover as the J