Stangrcr1's Open Class VT-7

Hmmm. Anyone reading this?

Found some white paint after all. Got it mounted back up. Tire was low, but not flat. Gonna have to keep an eye on it.

Fluorescent lights in the garage making the white look like different shades...

I put the rest of the bike back together, changed the oil, bled the brake, and made a header. Still need to make a support for it, but almost there. I ordered header wrap in blue. Hopefully it will be close to the frame color... Yeah right. Not holding my breath. :laugh:

If the seat would show up, I could go for a ride once it stops raining...

Good to know someone is looking. :thumbsup:

I made the header so the upper bend matches the curve of the fender. I just realized that if I ever have to move the motor for belt change, adjustment, it won't match...

Back to the drawing board....

I've been reading it too. Following all three of your builds actually. :laugh:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh yeah, that header wrap will EXACTLY match the paint! :thumbsup: You have some dollars wrapped up in hardware as well.

I have been watching too Stang :thumbsup: Looks great, and you will be happy with the seat Kenny is making :thumbsup: He made the seat for my VT3 and a couple of others too :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone!

You are right Dave. Polished stainless acorn nuts are not cheap. I replaced almost all the nuts and bolts with stainless and went through a lot of anti-seize.

I have done nothing to it since the last post. I should finish up the header support today and get some high heat VHT paint on it. Header wrap should be here today or tomorrow.

Beautiful day today. Might cut a seat base from plywood and ride....

Thanks everyone!

You are right Dave. Polished stainless acorn nuts are not cheap. I replaced almost all the nuts and bolts with stainless and went through a lot of anti-seize.

I have done nothing to it since the last post. I should finish up the header support today and get some high heat VHT paint on it. Header wrap should be here today or tomorrow.

Beautiful day today. Might cut a seat base from plywood and ride....
Check out Albany Fastner company. Stainless in bulk. 50~1000 quantities free shipping too. Cheapest place I found. This build is turning out super nice. No corners cut here keep up the good work. The exhaust might get the fender stripe too hot when you put them on.

Check out Albany Fastner company. Stainless in bulk. 50~1000 quantities free shipping too. Cheapest place I found. This build is turning out super nice. No corners cut here keep up the good work. The exhaust might get the fender stripe too hot when you put them on.
My work has an account with a local fastener company, so I can buy them at or near wholesale. Thanks though, and thanks again for the parts and help!

I sure hope the header wrap works. The stripes are on. And I think you were right when you said it would be too much doing the tank too. I didn't, but had the tape sitting on it to get a look.

If the header turns out to be an issue, I will reroute it for side exhaust. Only problem with using an angled exhaust out of the head(ie:45 pipe elbow) is the pipe threads in the block are buggered up so I have to use flange mount.

And a seat(Thanks Kenny!) makes 3 bikes done! On with the pics!

Sun might be a bit bright, and I should have Armor All'd the tires to closer match the Kenny seat. :laugh::laugh:

Very happy with how she turned out. Fires up second pull, and would keep running if I opened the petcock... There is one semi major issue, but that will wait. She runs, she rides.

Speaking of ride, it is like driving a truck, but easier. I am sure the front tire is not helping, but overall very predictable and smooth. TAV works very well with smooth engagement. Exhaust is not too loud, especially when just cruisin. Brakes work very well as will be shown in the video... Speaking of which....

Video coming.... :smile:

Oh, and a family pic for this year's Build Off.

Last edited:
Thanks Owen!

It has been a lot of work, but worth it now. I have more to do, but that will be in the future.

Already planning next years build(s). :laugh: